Law School Discussion

your thoughts on these schools/towns?

your thoughts on these schools/towns?
« on: November 01, 2004, 07:46:04 AM »
SMU: I've heard Dallas is kinda yucky...definitely not a San Antonio or anything. Anyone know anything about the campus or city?

U of Montana: I've heard it's BEAUTIFUL. Anyone know about the school? I want to work at a small firm or for the government...would a degree from this school let me do that in kinda-rural Illinois?

u of Memphis: i hadn't heard of it til i started doing research. reputation?

u of indiana: any thoughts? bloomington or indianapolis.

valpo: ?

Penn State?

Re: your thoughts on these schools/towns?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 08:14:39 AM »
I live in Dallas and went to SMU undergrad.  Dallas is anything but yucky and SMU is a very good school.  The campus is beautiful and its located in a very nice part of town.  Its quite expensive, tho.  If you want to practice in Dallas, SMU is the absolute best because of the alumni ties in the legal community.  If you want small firm or government, you might be just as happy elsewhere without spending the money.

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2004, 06:22:30 PM »
I think they are all pretty regional. Montana sounds nice though...

dominikasson

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2004, 07:25:10 PM »
My good friend is at IU-Blooms for grad school, and she enjoys- then again, she's from Indiana-

a lotta cute shops/artsy places to visit, cheap living, plus it's pretty close to Indianapolis- i bet it's a great place to raise a family too, if that's your thing...

be10dwn

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2004, 10:06:45 PM »
I live in Dallas and went to SMU undergrad.  Dallas is anything but yucky and SMU is a very good school.  The campus is beautiful and its located in a very nice part of town.  Its quite expensive, tho.  If you want to practice in Dallas, SMU is the absolute best because of the alumni ties in the legal community.  If you want small firm or government, you might be just as happy elsewhere without spending the money.
Yeh I'm from Dallas and it definitely isn't "yucky".  I like it better than San Antonio in fact.