Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: anyone hear from Duke, Vandy, or Tulane lately?  (Read 1197 times)

eclecteaux

• View Profile
anyone hear from Duke, Vandy, or Tulane lately?
« on: April 05, 2004, 12:14:41 PM »
Wondering what kind of folks/profiles are getting in at this stage of the game...

chooster99

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.53 GPA UC Irvine/161 LSAT...headed for Loyola
    • AOL Instant Messenger - chooster99
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: anyone hear from Duke, Vandy, or Tulane lately?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2004, 08:16:21 PM »
I have a 3.53 and a 161...I called Vandy yesterday.  They said that they had made a decision the day before and sent out the letter.  I'm in Cali, so it's going to take a few days to get it.  I'm expecting a ding, but you never know! *crossing fingers*  The only person I know who got in had a 3.73 and a 163.

eclecteaux

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2004, 11:39:35 AM »
That's odd...I got an e-mail yesterday from Vandy thanking me for my patience and telling me it would "only be 4-6 more weeks" before a decision. I have 3.3/162 and 7 yrs. of WE, including an interesting sabattical, but I really had expected a ding by now.

Chooster- did you apply to any of the other Southern schools...Duke, Tulane, UGA, etc? Hav you heard from them?

With Duke again...didn't think I had a shot, but I would assume I would have been dung by now, I submitted mid-Jan. was complete in early Feb.

chooster99

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.53 GPA UC Irvine/161 LSAT...headed for Loyola
    • AOL Instant Messenger - chooster99
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2004, 01:42:48 AM »
I got waitlisted at Vandy today.  3.53 GPA, 161 LSAT.  I know I'm pretty lucky.  I'm Chinese American, born and raised in SoCal, went to UC Irvine for undergrad, one year work experience as a paralegal, openly gay applicant.  I'm pretty sure I got in because of diversity.  Any advice as to how I can squirm my way in?   ;)  And no, I did not apply to any other Southern schools (unless you consider UT to be a Southern school).  I'm pretty sure I will stick out like a sore thumb in Nashville, Tennessee, but they offered me a fee waiver, and it will be really hard to turn down a top 20 school.

drfunkenstein

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2004, 12:49:43 PM »
Of all the schools you asked about, I only applied to Duke.  I received notice of acceptance about a month a half ago after applying at the beginning of 2004.  I go to a very competitive school is So California.  My GPA is 3.6 and my LSAT is 169.  I have some pretty good LORs, lots of study abroad experience, and some very well placed internships with international legal organizations (such as the UN, and Intl Labor Org).  If you want to see some numbers on Duke or any other school, check out www.lawschoolnumbers.com.  It is a free database that tells what schools are doing with certain LSATs and GPAs.  Just thought I would warn you that it is addicting though.
Tyler

ocelatl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2004, 10:54:36 PM »
I received my waitlist letter last Saturday (I turned in the application mid-January).
"Freedom without opportunity is the Devil's gift." - Noam Chomsky

rextuxberry

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2004, 02:26:59 AM »
I only applied to Duke and just heard from them last week.  Unfortunately I was put on the waitlist.  I have a 164 and 3.4, so it looks like I am UVa bound.