Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I got my first acceptance letter!!! (Baylor)  (Read 18072 times)

LSATGuru

Re: I got my first acceptance letter!!!
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2004, 03:12:47 PM »
I've been to Amarillo, TX.  Apprently about 95% of Baylor grads stay in the Houston/Dallas area after graduation, so I guess you better like it. 

I'm from central Illinois (pretty boring) and I've visited bigger cities (Chicago, St. Louis, Indy, Nashville, etc...) dozens of times.  I think I'll fare better in a smaller city like Waco, as traffic and waiting in line drives me insane.  I'm not much into the things that big cities have to offer over smaller cities, like professional sports, museums, water activities, and the like.

LSATGuru

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2004, 05:32:40 PM »
Baylor is part of the Southern Baptist convention, but from what I have heard from its undergraduate and law students, it doesn't impose its religious tenants on anyone or really integrate them into the classroom in any way.  While the city of Waco is pretty poor (and fairly politically conservative, as is most of Texas) Baylor students have told me that the school is just as liberal as most other private schools they've encountered--at least on an academic level.

Depends on your personality. Waco is conservative. I am not, but still apllying based on your information. Baylor is considered early action if you applied before November 1. I think I will apply, but it is a religious school. Waco is boring, Austin is a great city to live, only 90 minutes away. If you can work there after graduation, it is worth it. I am from Los Angeles and Austin is a more fun city.

rachel

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2004, 09:21:50 PM »
this is really silly, but did you get your acceptance in a big or small envelope  :D

T-Money

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2004, 09:35:49 PM »
Waco kinda sucks, there's not much to do and its very conservative, but it's not all bad- it's got the Dr. Pepper Museum (score!), a good cheap burger joint (oh yeah!) and you'll be able to make your friends back home chuckle with a never ending supply of Branch Dividian and David Koresh jokes! (actually, I don't know if that's really PC, but I'd give it a shot...)

Dillon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2004, 09:54:10 PM »
Baylor has a strong Alumni Base.  I grew up in North Dallas.  Some of my best friends from childhood are alumni and they do take care of their own.  On the other hand, I can’t stand Dallas and Waco is Waco… They obviously are religiously affiliated but it is a subtle undertone and the students are open minded.  They have a lot of money to throw around for scholarships.  They get a lot of money from dead people… lol

btw:  Waco is not far from Austin.  So, when you do have time, you can always make a road trip.

chicago

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.84 | 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2004, 03:58:57 PM »
this is really silly, but did you get your acceptance in a big or small envelope  :D

big envelope

badmoonontherise

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2004, 03:42:44 PM »
Aacrow:

When and how were you notified that a decision is in the mail?
3.85/167

Gummo

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2004, 06:45:05 PM »
Did your online status change right away?

fragolina

• Sr. Citizen
  • *cluck cluck*
    • AOL Instant Messenger - fragolina+moda
    • View Profile
    • Fragolina
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2004, 06:49:10 PM »
baylor to you:  :-*

i think any school that sends email notifications should include kissyface emoticons.
dear applicant,  :-* congratulations, we want you!  :-*
we're even giving you money  :o because we think you're  8)

lol, that would be great - especially for those of us who are quickly becoming LSD dorks (ain't nothin' wrong with that, right?)

congrats to all who have received acceptances thus far!!! I am uber-jealous.
Fragolina

Frago on LSN
In: Chicago, UMich, UVA, G-town, UCLA, Indy-B, Rutgers, MSU, Cornell
Praying: NYU, Columbia
Withdrawn: NWU, W&M, W&L, GWU, USC, BU
Out: HLS, SLS

PsychJK

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2004, 07:42:15 PM »
Congratulations, especially on the scholarship!

:o Look at you!  :o
Accepted: GULC, Duke, USC, NYU, UPenn, UVA, UMich, Cornell, Notre Dame, Vandy, UChicago
Pending:Columbia
Deferred: HLS

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=PsychJK