Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: unregistered guests  (Read 1620 times)

dunson

unregistered guests
« on: October 31, 2004, 11:38:57 PM »
unregistered guests should not be allowed to start new threads.  although some are innocently seeking help and just have a quick question, the majority seem to be by a group of people who have too much time on their hands. 

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: unregistered guests
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 01:07:07 AM »
perhaps there should be something like a waiting period.

until you have 10 posts, you can't start a thread.

and you can't do more than 10 posts in your first day.

might be a bit authoritarian and arbitrary, but it could cut down on the trolls.

jayhawk

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2004, 01:12:22 AM »
perhaps there should be something like a waiting period.

until you have 10 posts, you can't start a thread.

and you can't do more than 10 posts in your first day.

might be a bit authoritarian and arbitrary, but it could cut down on the trolls.

I don't like this idea.  I think it's good for a new person to be able to start with an introductory post on a new thread, even if it is the same old 'lsat score and gpa, where should i go' type thing.  Also, if they've been lurking for a while, it may take guts for the first post, but after that it's a lot easier.  For example, I lurked for about a month, but once I finally posted I just started posting all the time, and probably had 10 on my first day.

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2004, 01:18:49 AM »
understandable.  I'm a bit ambivalent about that method myself.  I just would really like to figure out a way to avoid the trolls.

I don't know if they've been deleting of their own volition, or if Andrew keeps it under wraps.  he's been pretty quick, if it's Andrew's doing.

AaronJ

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2004, 01:20:25 AM »
I think newbies shouldnt have any restrictions provided they start a fight with the LSDer formerly known as S'Lobe.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2004, 01:21:37 AM »
unregistered guests should not be allowed to start new threads.  although some are innocently seeking help and just have a quick question, the majority seem to be by a group of people who have too much time on their hands. 

i thought you had to be registered to post anything though?  i thought the guests were just people that had already deleted their accounts.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

Koga

• Sr. Citizen
  • K 231, Bitches.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2004, 01:23:45 AM »
I think newbies shouldnt have any restrictions provided they start a fight with the LSDer formerly known as S'Lobe.

Hahaha. 

Recipient of the SPD Christmas Concussion.

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2004, 03:19:15 PM »
Unregistered guests are people that deleted their accounts.  An unregistered guest cannot post, but if you post and then delete your account, the post stays with the title: unregistered guest.

dunson

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2004, 07:59:09 PM »
thanks for clearing things up andrew...i thought they were just "people off the street"...yeah i dont mind the first thread thing...its just these stupid threads that detract from the experience