Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Trolls make me sad  (Read 9235 times)

amarain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Atlanta Private Investigator
Trolls make me sad
« on: October 31, 2004, 11:26:02 PM »
Sometimes I feel really sorry for the trolls on here (that 'lexylitsucks' person inspired this thread). I mean, it's bad enough that I spend so much time on here, but at least I'm having some interesting or amusing discussions, getting info about law school stuff, 'meeting' some cool people, but the people who have nothing better to do than to randomly insult people? It's so pathetic and it makes me feel bad for how sad their lives must be.

TheDecline

Re: Trolls make me sad
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2004, 11:30:47 PM »
I concur.

jayhawk

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2004, 11:31:47 PM »
There are probably a lot fewer trolls than we think.  I think most of them are probably the same person.  Also, I bet a lot of regulars create trolls to say things that they think would hurt their reputation on the site.  Like maybe someone really dislikes DOWNY (using him as an example because he seems to be the target of most of the current trolls) but doesn't want to be attacked by him and his followers for speaking up, so he/she creates a troll account.

Focker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2004, 11:34:51 PM »
Reeve, you remind me of Raj from The Apprentice 2.

All outside show, no inner substance.

AaronJ

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2004, 11:36:45 PM »
Undoubtedly True.

Amarain is not the first female to be 'trolled.  Notice the common tendency to attack and make derogatory personal comments about the females on this site.  You can rest assured that 1) we have at most a few trolls and 2) anyone making this a hobby are trying to exact some sort of vengeance for their many sexual/social defeats in life.

What a waste of ones time.  I donít get it. ???

superiorlobe

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2004, 11:37:18 PM »
I've been finding LSD quite pathetic lately.  Am thinking of switching to xoxohth.

AaronJ

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2004, 11:38:15 PM »
All outside show, no inner substance.

Don't you love pretensions newbies?

dr_draino

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2004, 11:40:07 PM »
I've been finding LSD quite pathetic lately.  Am thinking of switching to xoxohth.

I kinda agree...wonder how much of it has to do with the logout-problems?  Also, with it's greater number of actual students, xoxohth does seem to have more useful information for me lately due to the period of the cycle we are in.  Don't know that I'll ever post over there though.

superiorlobe

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2004, 11:44:15 PM »
I've already posted on xoxohth a bit and am getting good results.

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2004, 01:10:24 AM »
1. I feel like a somewhat regular poster over there, and I kinda like it.

2. I love how the automated ads include www.enchantedtrolls.com   :D