Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: One more school ?  (Read 387 times)

ILoveNY

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lilstepho
    • View Profile
    • Email
One more school ?
« on: October 31, 2004, 08:57:17 PM »
So I have finally started trying to narrow down my list of schools to apply to, but I need a little help.  My GPA is a 3.39 (if all goes as planned it will be a 3.42 in December, but that's not a big enough difference to matter) and my LSAT is a measley 155 (unfortunately 6-7 points lower than my practice scores, but I'm afraid to retake for fear it will go down!).  I am thinking of applying to the following schools, but I really would like to find at least one more that I will for sure get accepted to, because most of these I probably won't.  Any suggestions?

UConn - fat chance
Rutgers (Newark) - maybe?
Brooklyn - not on my life, but I'd love it
Syracuse - possible
Buffalo - possible
St. John's - probably not
New York Law School - maybe
Vermont - maybe
Seton Hall - ehh not sure
Suffolk - maybe?
Hoftsra - possible
Cumberland (only because it is in-state for me and I feel like I should)

(as you can tell, I'm not very confident about this whole thing..)

WHERE ELSE?!
I live in Alabama now and I'm really looking to go to school in the Northeast/New England area.  Any suggestions are certainly appreciated!
Syracuse it is!!!!! .. all the way from sunny southern Alabama ...

NYKnicks

Re: One more school ?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2004, 09:09:55 PM »
Why would you not think about retaking if you scored 6-7 points higher on practice? Oh well if you're really not going to retake, try out Franklin Pierce perhaps? Its in the New Hampshire I think, got a decent IP program, and you should have a decent chance with your numbers.

davial0

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2004, 09:58:43 PM »
Northeastern, Albany, Widner( you should def. get in there), Catholic, Franklin Pierce (definite), Quinnipac (definite) or Baltimore (definite)

Good Luck!

imtheantelope

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2004, 11:32:47 AM »
your DEF. in at Touro if youd want to go there.. they are building a new building that is sick and it will be the first law school in the country to have their campus integrated with several different Courts on campus.
Accepted: Suffolk, Albany$, New York Law$, Hofstra$, Touro$
Waitlisted:  Brooklyn, Northeastern, Villanova, American
Denied: Fordham, Temple
ATTENDING: ST JOHNS

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=imtheantelope

ILoveNY

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lilstepho
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2004, 03:14:32 PM »
Thank you for your suggestions!!!!!

I am looking in to each other schools you guys have suggested. 

My biggest concern with applying to schools is the application fee.  My LSAT is obviously not high enough to receive merit-based waivers, so I've asked several of the schools what I need in order to demonstrate financial hardship. So today I went to the Office of Financial Aid at my current school and they informed me that although I receive student loans, federally I am not considered to be in financial strain.  bull.  But they won't write the letter for me :-( Some of the schools will just take my tax return from last year, but for the others I am screwed.  I guess I won't be applying to all of the schools I had planned on.  Anybody got any sugestions???!!
Syracuse it is!!!!! .. all the way from sunny southern Alabama ...