Law School Discussion

someone PLEASE help me help my girl with her PS....

someone PLEASE help me help my girl with her PS....
« on: October 30, 2004, 12:41:39 AM »
hello all
please, if anyone has any input, please do help. my name is daniel, and my girlfriend is trying to get into law school. we are trying to get her personal statement together...so far, it reads like a "what i did last summer" report, which i have found most of the web to frown on. i told her not to include info such as: where she went to school, what she took, what she got from there...what her job is, what qualities she needs at the job, and what she got from there...her volunteer stuff, what she got from there...this is why she is a good candidate...blah, blah blah...
anyways, PLEASE, if anyone has any suggestions. i feel she should write about one or two specific experiences, (life and travel, for instance) and what she learned from that. how she immigrated over from sri lanka, a civil war torn country. how her grandparents died just days apart from another as they could not live without each other...something of that respect...not i went to u of t, i got these qualities...i have a job here that requires these qualities...i volunteer here and have these qualities...jeesh, doesnt' everyone????
please help????

Cheeks

• View Profile
Re: someone PLEASE help me help my girl with her PS....
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2004, 10:53:48 AM »
anyways, PLEASE, if anyone has any suggestions. i feel she should write about one or two specific experiences, (life and travel, for instance) and what she learned from that. how she immigrated over from sri lanka, a civil war torn country. how her grandparents died just days apart from another as they could not live without each other...something of that respect...

I agree, these are decent topics.  Go with the immigration thing or the life and travel experiences.  Cultural diversity, and life experiences are important to law schools...you can relate this to why you will make a good lawyer.

not i went to u of t, i got these qualities...i have a job here that requires these qualities...i volunteer here and have these qualities...jeesh, doesnt' everyone????
please help????

actually, telling adcoms about the qualities you learned at UofT is a sure way to get you rejected from law school.