Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: canadian student - where should i go?  (Read 1780 times)

tuckge

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
    • Email
canadian student - where should i go?
« on: March 25, 2003, 03:02:31 PM »
i'm a canadian student, graduate of queen's university. i've been accepted at a number of third tier schools but have narrowed it down to MSU-DCL, Penn St., and Suffolk. Where should I go??? MSU offers a combined dual degree JD/LLB but i don't really want to practice in Michigan or Canada anyway. does anyone know anything about Penn St./Carlisle PA?

MSU-DCL

Re: canadian student - where should i go?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2003, 03:22:28 PM »
I am currently a 1L at MSU-DCL and am also Canadian and you will not be able to write the Michigan Bar Exam if you are not an American Citizen.
That doesn't mean that you can't write the Bar in any other State.

sue

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2003, 12:01:35 PM »
I'm just wonderin' why u didn't attend a canadian law school? I'm wondering because i'm a canadian hoping to attend law school in 2004. i am debating applying to both american and canadian law schools and any input would be appreciated? What do u guys know or think about the university of toronto's law school? does it have a good reputation? would i be better off at an american school?
thank :)

Canadian

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2003, 04:17:26 PM »
I did my undergraduate degree at the University of Toronto. Their law school is extremely hard to get into. My advice would be to apply to both Canadian and American schools. Canada has only a handful of law schools so the competition to get in is pretty fierce.
Hope that helps

geoff canadian

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2003, 06:26:10 AM »
why did you choose michigan state? are you interested in the JD/LLB program with the university of ottawa? can you tell me any more about MSU-DCL as i have sent off my acceptance deposit. any advice on funding/loans for canadian students?

i am thinking of going to MSU-DCL largely to to its proximity to home (windsor) and its facilities.