Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: anyone see the fourth game of the world series?  (Read 988 times)

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
anyone see the fourth game of the world series?
« on: October 29, 2004, 05:28:19 PM »
during the game the channel would cut away to a group of US soldiers in Iraq caling them "Multinational Iraq Force" or something.  Multinational makes it sound like the whole world is contributing to this war...you still think fox is fair and balanced?  seems pretty biased these days
Arab Majority May Not Stay Forever Silent
http://www.nysun.com/article/36110?page_no=1

foxnewssucks

Re: anyone see the fourth game of the world series?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2004, 05:29:22 PM »
foxnewssucks, i brought this message months ago

TheDecline

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2004, 05:40:02 PM »
You guys are crazy.  They are "fair and balanced."  ::)

TheDecline

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2004, 05:41:37 PM »
BTW, I did see Scott Stapp sing "God Bless America."  Bless his heart, he's such a tool. 

buster

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2004, 08:30:47 PM »
I have the parental lock on FNC and won't tell Mrs. Buster the code.  ;)

I didn't see this, but I don't watch Faux News. In fact, I have a running battle with someone in my company's break room who always turns it to FN and I turn it back to CNN whenever I go in there, then he/she changes it back. Good times.

However, I did hear about the picture of Bush's speech where they photoshopped a bunch of soldiers into the crowd.

buster

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2004, 09:32:39 PM »
Tonight? Nope. This would be one sad anniversary if it were.

Hee, nice going. I hope it's not your wedding anniversary or something.

I didn't see this, but I don't watch Faux News. In fact, I have a running battle with someone in my company's break room who always turns it to FN and I turn it back to CNN whenever I go in there, then he/she changes it back. Good times.

However, I did hear about the picture of Bush's speech where they photoshopped a bunch of soldiers into the crowd.

buster

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2004, 01:32:27 AM »
Oh, I see. I had no idea why you wrote that, lol.

I was joking (which I think you probably knew anyway so I don't know why I'm still going with this), but were I to actually set the parental code to lock out FNC I would definitely make it something Mrs. Buster doesn't know, like my birthday maybe. Yeah, that just might work. ::sinister smirk::  ;)

No, I meant the code, I hope it's not the date of your anniversary ;)
Tonight? Nope. This would be one sad anniversary if it were.

Hee, nice going. I hope it's not your wedding anniversary or something.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2004, 02:14:34 AM »
during the game the channel would cut away to a group of US soldiers in Iraq caling them "Multinational Iraq Force" or something. Multinational makes it sound like the whole world is contributing to this war...you still think fox is fair and balanced? seems pretty biased these days

the media is a huge problem...and the money making cable "news stations" are all...biased...what's interesting is that it is so obvious and some people can't see it. sad.
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

buster

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2004, 12:11:49 PM »
How 'bout, for a start, we get back to real regulation against corporate media consolidation?

I agree, but what's the solution? Government run news? Would the media really be less biased if it were coming from the government? It's not an easy question.

during the game the channel would cut away to a group of US soldiers in Iraq caling them "Multinational Iraq Force" or something. Multinational makes it sound like the whole world is contributing to this war...you still think fox is fair and balanced? seems pretty biased these days

the media is a huge problem...and the money making cable "news stations" are all...biased...what's interesting is that it is so obvious and some people can't see it. sad.

buster

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2004, 07:36:19 PM »
I don't know anything about the mechanics of the BBC; could you give me a quick summary? Thanks amarain.

That would certainly be a good start. I'm actually taking a class that deals with this right now (well I'm studying mass comm, so most of my classes have, really). The BBC model is probably the best out there, but it would be nearly impossible to have that here in the US. But definitely the courts need to stop letting these media corporations hide behind the First Amendment just to dodge antitrust laws.

How 'bout, for a start, we get back to real regulation against corporate media consolidation?

I agree, but what's the solution? Government run news? Would the media really be less biased if it were coming from the government? It's not an easy question.