Law School Discussion

Reading Comp is killing me~

Reading Comp is killing me~
« on: April 02, 2004, 09:10:13 PM »
Hi everyone, this is my first post, but ive been familiar with this site for some time now.

I've been studying independently since January (concentrating more on LR and LGs) and took my first timed exam at a free test event held by Princeton Reivew. I found i would get anywhere from 3-7 wrong per LR, 2-4 wrong in LG, but 8-12 wrong in RC. I would really like to bring that RC score down to about 3-5 wrong/section. Any advice?

3.63 UGPA/ ? LSAT (so far low 160's)

Re: Reading Comp is killing me~
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2004, 09:15:45 PM »
Once you start studying reading comp, you will catch on right away. I think it's one of the easiest ways to improve your scores because all the questions are similar for each case. Make sure you grab the main point and the author's perspective.

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2004, 09:18:52 PM »
Thanx for the advice... But i usually get those questions right. What bothers me is how on certain questions, the correct answer would be a direct reference to the passage, and my answer would be based on the author's point, while on others the answer will be based on the authors point, when my answer is a direct reference. That pisses me off...

nathanielmark

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2004, 07:11:35 AM »
Just read the qestions.  Questions regarding authors intent will say "inferred, or author would likely agree with", if its directly from the passage it will say so.