Law School Discussion

Want to grow taller?

Koga

• K 231, Bitches.
    • View Profile
Re: Want to grow taller?
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2004, 03:42:43 PM »
Good point.  Although you might get away with the over the sholder approach if you wore turtlenecks.

TheDecline

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2004, 03:44:20 PM »
Too hot in Florida to wear turtlnecks, otherwise I would.

Koga

• K 231, Bitches.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2004, 03:49:53 PM »
Oh, I had forgotten that you live in the South.

Well, I'm off.  Have fun killing kittens tonight.

TheDecline

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2004, 03:50:43 PM »
I always do.

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2004, 03:54:20 PM »
If your growth plates have fused, then you cannot grow further without the drastic bone lengthening operation. Trust me, at 5'5, I've looked into it. You can in fact get hormone injections from your doctor while you're still growing that will add anywhere from 2"-4" on average I believe, but the key is that you haven't stopped growing. They normally determine if you have by doing an xray of your hand, and seeing if the bones have fused or not.

Oh but if you improve your posture, or decompress you spine, you may in fact "grow" an inch or so...but actual growth is impossible. Look into the alexander technique if you're interested. I haven't researched it much but was told that's what I should look at.

That's bull. My friend was 5'10 at 22 and got up to 6'0 within 3 months with this product. I have been using it for about 6 months and no results though.

To my knowledge HGH at a decently high concentration is linked to an increase in tumor development. Normal amounts of it are good, but taking a supplement is probably BAD unless you are HGH-deficient.

Verbosity, I think their product is approved by the FDA and what not, so health issues really shouldn't be a concern.

TheDecline

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2004, 03:56:17 PM »
As long as you don't consider a tiny wang a health issue.

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2004, 03:57:09 PM »
@#!* off female dog.

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2004, 04:40:36 PM »
To my knowledge it's some sort of supplement and isn't under the same FDA rules as a medication would be.

Regardless, from my personal study (If you'd really like, I'll go and find links on it) HGH can be rather dangerous if you're not deficient for it. Sure, it can lead to better muscle mass, taller height, etc, but do you really want that at the cost of cancer when you're older?

Trel

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2004, 05:40:26 PM »
Look you don't have to believe me but go look it up in the medical literature if you care too.  Just b/c your friend grew while taking the product, does not mean the product made your friend grow.  You're confusing a correlational relationship with a causal relationship.  I have no reason to lie and trust me, at my height if there was anything out there I'd take it.  I would have had the spinal injections when I was younger if my parents had given me the option, but they made that decision for me and I do hold it against them.  There's undoubtedly a disadvantage to being short as a guy in the world, which is of course a large part of the reason I started weightlifting...to try and balance things out.

Also, I have a cousin who between the ages of 21 to 22 went from 5'10 to 6'3, that doesn't mean some magic pill made him grow, he just happened to be a late bloomer.  This is the final thing I'll add, but if you're really interested then I suggest you go to your family doctor and ask for a bone scan of your hand to see if your growth plates have fused.

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2004, 05:48:44 PM »
To my knowledge it's some sort of supplement and isn't under the same FDA rules as a medication would be.

Regardless, from my personal study (If you'd really like, I'll go and find links on it) HGH can be rather dangerous if you're not deficient for it. Sure, it can lead to better muscle mass, taller height, etc, but do you really want that at the cost of cancer when you're older?

Are you saying that by taking these pills right now, I might develop cancer in like 30 years?