Law School Discussion

How quickly will LSAC send out an updated report?

Zytos

How quickly will LSAC send out an updated report?
« on: October 28, 2004, 01:24:15 PM »
Hello, and thanks for reading this.

I am trying to meet some Early Action deadlines, and for most of those to be met, the school must receive a completed application by Nov. 15th. 

Due to the delays in the LOR processing at LSAC, my recommendations only got processed today.  However, LSDAS "first-time" reports were already sent out to most of the achools I am applying to, without these recommendations.

I guess my question is, is what do I do at this point?  Will LSAC send out the updated reports, with my recommendations, well enough before November 15, so I can meet these deadlines?  Or, should I call LSAC and ask them when they will send them out?  Or, is it not even in LSAC's hands, and the schools I am applying to must make a request? 

I'd just like to know what to do at this point to help ensure that I meet this Nov. 15th application completion deadline.

Thank you.

eileen2004

Re: How quickly will LSAC send out an updated report?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 01:55:59 PM »

The LSAC website says that they send out updated reports based on the school's preference.  Some request that they be sent out immediately, some request updates once or twice a month. 

NeverForever

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 02:01:34 PM »
I'm in the same situation. It's brutal because you have to wait for the school to request the updated report.

TDPookie1

• the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2004, 02:24:50 PM »
the previous two posters are correct that it's based on the school's preference.  so if you really want to be on top of things, you should contact the schools and ask what their pattern is for getting updated reports.  they have 2.5 weeks right now, so the only way they would miss it would be if they requested updated reports only once a month, and that once a month was between the 14th and the 28th.  if that's the case, maybe you alerting them about your report will get them to request updated reports sooner.  i would guess that schools with deadlines on the 15th would know to request reports just before that though.