Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What should I do? Need advice  (Read 912 times)

LimitsOnLimits

• Meow to you
    • View Profile
    • Email
What should I do? Need advice
« on: October 28, 2004, 08:28:56 AM »
Hey guys!

I need some advice.  Has anyone here scored a really low lsat and stilled applied anyway and got reject from all the schools you applied to?  If this scenario applies to you, what did you do?  Did you take a year off and reapplied or tried grad school, etc?  Please help.  I don't know what to do if I dont get accepted. I don't know if I'll have to wait an extra 3 years so that my lsat record is clear. My hopes and dreams have always been to go to law school and now they may be shattered because of a low lsat.  I feel so down and depressed because of this.

Thanks

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
Re: What should I do? Need advice
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 09:03:38 AM »
I think that you should be able to get into a law school, no it might not be your top choice, but you should wind up somewhere. As long as you take an honest look at your GPA/LSAT and other applicatin factors and apply to some realistic schools you will get into law school. I know it is hard to accept the fact that your dream schools are out of reach, but if law is what you want to do, you will apply to other schools you might not want to go to, but when push comes to shove if law is important you will attend any school and work hard. If you do well you have the option of trying to transfer, if you do not do well and you can not transfer, you are still living your dream.

I know what it is like to be humbled by the LSAT but if you want to practice law bad enough, you will apply to a ton of places, hopefully have some options and make the best out of what comes your way. I think it helps if you are willing to move for law school. I know if I get into school in California and only in California, I would pack my bags and move across the country.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/

LimitsOnLimits

• Meow to you
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: What should I do? Need advice
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 09:28:21 AM »
Thank you so much for the advice. Rutgers gives you the option of choosing where to have your application evaulated based on either your lsats/gpa or your accomplishments and background.  I'm hoping some schools can look at my other factors in my application.  Maybe the december lsats can be a help too.

Thanks