Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: HOWARD LAW  (Read 1140 times)

scooterbop

• View Profile
    • Email
HOWARD LAW
« on: April 02, 2004, 11:11:50 AM »
Did anyone receive a call from Howard U. Law School last night?  I recieved a cryptic call from a female 2L last night.  She told me congratulations, that I had been accepted for the Fall semester.  She asked if I had any questions and I asked when scholarship notification would be done.  She told me hold on, I heard her speaking to someone else, then the  phone hung up.  Was this some kind of cruel April Fool's Day joke perpetrated by one of my friends who has yet to come clean?  Did anyone else receive an "acceptance call" from Howard last night?

lstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: HOWARD LAW
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2004, 03:28:43 PM »
Not sure, but I do know that some schools will make a last-ditch effort for people who they have accepted, as the deadline comes near for deposit, and ultimately acceptance of the school.

I received such a call from McGeorge but a few days prior to their deadline; and, of course, I am extrapolating with my above-mentioned comment...

MattMurdock

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2004, 04:29:09 PM »
Apparently, you are among the lucky few. I'm on Howard's waitlist. After learning that 1Ls take 21 hours their second term, waitlist doesn't sound so bad. That has to be tremendously stressful. The reason they do this is to allow a 9 hour first term to get acclimated. If I get one more acceptance letter then I'm withdrawing. I can't wait until summer.

jdn2262

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2004, 02:02:50 AM »
They put me on the waitlist too, and I was like what! I'm in your 75th percentile rank! must've applied late or something, whatever, I'll be withdrawing just as soon as I hear from 5 more schools.

marista

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - purplenna
    • View Profile
    • My lawschoolnumbers page
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2004, 11:13:42 AM »
You should call Howard and ask something like "I got a phone call offering me admission, but we got disconnected before I could ask this question about scholarships." And if they didn't make any phone calls they'll tell you. You wouldn't even have to give your name, just mention the phone call and that you have another question.

dnw2007

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2004, 03:38:31 PM »
They waitlisted me too and I applied in early November with 3.9 GPA, real work experience and a solid lsat score.  What's goin' on there.  Someone told me that they have a preference for HBCU grads...  It's cool.  I've got other offers.  But that one stung really hard.