Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

How do you describe your party affiliation?

Die-hard Democrat
 17 (36.2%)
Closet Democrat
 2 (4.3%)
Die-hard Republican
 8 (17%)
Closet Republican
 1 (2.1%)
Nader Raider
 3 (6.4%)
Badnarik Badass
 4 (8.5%)
Independent
 12 (25.5%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: Party affiliation  (Read 2212 times)

john6675

Party affiliation
« on: October 27, 2004, 10:00:52 PM »
I set up this poll because I've recently read an article about "closet Republicans" and "closet Democrats".  Basically these are people who talk one way to appease their friends and then vote totally different once the curtain is drawn.

Just curious.

Bisquick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Party affiliation
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 10:25:31 PM »
I'm a closet Democrat

3.8/155

Bisquick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 10:25:48 PM »
3.8/155

shiveringjenny

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 11:10:05 PM »
Michael Badnarik is a nutjob. Guys like him are the reason that most of Americans think that Libertarians run around wearing tinfoil hats.
Even though i'm going to vote for Badnarik (if, that is, i opt to vote at all), i think i'll select 'independent'.

Lulu

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2004, 11:14:56 PM »
i put independent, i used to be republican, but i'm too moderate for our current administration...so i'm voting for kerry.

Spallenzani

• Sr. Citizen
  • Proud to be a moran
    • View Profile
    • Catallarchy
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2004, 01:28:48 AM »
Michael Badnarik is a nutjob. Guys like him are the reason that most of Americans think that Libertarians run around wearing tinfoil hats.
Even though i'm going to vote for Badnarik (if, that is, i opt to vote at all), i think i'll select 'independent'.

Yep, but since he has no chance of winning, there's no need to worry about electing this nutjob by voting Libertarian. Electing the other two nutjobs though...

shiveringjenny

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2004, 01:30:34 AM »
Yeah, i mean, obviously it would be crazy to vote for either Kerry or Bush, so i won't. It's just that Badnarik sucks in his own right.

BLAKEAGGIE98

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - BlakeAggie98
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2004, 12:30:48 PM »
Why do you say Badnarik is a nutjob? I have followed him since the Liebertarian convention when he got the nod to be candidate and I have yet to see him do anything nutty. If you are referring to his being arrested at the debate's I don't think that is nutty. What IS nutty is having a debate using public funds and not allowing viable candidates to participate. Give specifics about why Badnarik is a nutjob.
South Texas College of Law here I come!

amarain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Atlanta Private Investigator
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2004, 12:34:14 PM »
There was an interesting study on this a while back. They found that women almost always answered correctly who their husbands were voting for, but husbands were much more unaware of how their wives were voting. Particularly in rural areas, women tend to agree with their husbands in public, but vote their conscience in the booth.

buster

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2004, 12:36:12 PM »
A little suffrage is a dangerous thing.  ;)

There was an interesting study on this a while back. They found that women almost always answered correctly who their husbands were voting for, but husbands were much more unaware of how their wives were voting. Particularly in rural areas, women tend to agree with their husbands in public, but vote their conscience in the booth.