Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: TOLEDO LAW  (Read 1069 times)

rudy

• View Profile
TOLEDO LAW
« on: April 02, 2004, 10:25:40 AM »
Anyone accepted at Toledo?

penn5

• View Profile
Re: TOLEDO LAW
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2004, 10:29:29 AM »
Yes. I am. Considering Akron also. But do not know much other than they seem to be on the rise. Can anyone contrast these two schools because I am not real familiar with them.

Jason

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2004, 06:48:02 PM »
In Ohio, most people have trouble conrasting between them as well.

freshstart

• LSAT: 156, UGPA: 4.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2004, 09:12:33 PM »
I am accepted there, too, and am down to deciding between Toledo and Stetson.  I will be attending Stetson's admitted student open house tomorrow, and attended Toledo's last week.  Stetson sure has better weather, but I think UT may have the better school.  However, I'll reserve judgment until I see what they say tomorrow.

To the poster re: Toledo vs. Akron, I don't know much about Akron, except it is a Tier 4 on the proverbial US News Ranking.  Toledo was the top Tier 3 last year (#101), and has moved to Tier 2 (94) this year.  Toledo has been working very hard for the last several years to increase the quality and reputation of the program.  In fact, the median LSAT has gone up about 5 points in the last 4 or 5 years, and class sizes have decreased.  The student-faculty ratio of 12.x to 1 is great.  However, most important, Toledo has always returned my phone calls, and seems to care about the students.  I did not have that experience at several of the other schools with which I had encounters.  I have attended several functions at Toledo over the last several years (I was slated to start in 2002 and for personal reasons had to wait to start 'til this fall).  Did you attend any of the Toledo functions?

I wish I could tell you more about Akron.  One of my acquaintances is an attorney who attended Akron, but we have never discussed his experiences there.

If either of you want to send me a message, feel free.

penn5

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2004, 11:08:10 AM »
I have not seen Toldeo or Akron. I am from NC.  I understand Toldeo is a nicer campus, prettier and suburban. Akron is in the city and underoing a lot of construction I understand. Did you ask anyone about living conditions around the Toledo campus?

prettylily

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2004, 07:03:40 PM »
I got accepted to both UA and UT...UA has dropped down to the 4th tier! (Yikes!) and UT has seemed to flourish.  It is now #94 as someone has said.

I went to see UA, but not UT.  It was a nice campus.  The ppl were pretty friendly.  I made a friend there (she's a 3L).  The administration was really nice.  Some of the areas aren't too grand, but there are some really nice suburbs surrounding the school area.  I liked it, but I'm not sure that I'm going.

penn5

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2004, 01:08:20 AM »
Where did you stay in Akron? I am planning a visit and need some hotel sdvice.