Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Best Values?  (Read 1624 times)

GoDawgs

• View Profile
Best Values?
« on: October 27, 2004, 05:20:03 PM »
I have a 3.1 and a 159/167 and am pretty sure I want to go to school in the south.  I am two years out of college and am going to have to finance law school entirely on my own.  I know that UGA is a great value (since I am a GA resident).  Does anyone have any other ideas?  I don't think I can afford all the loans necessary for a private school.

scc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Best Values?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 05:24:48 PM »
Apply to schools where your numbers are very high in comparison to the medians and see if they'll offer scholarships.

Doubledown Trent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 05:42:54 PM »
Wake is supposed to be the best value in the country.  They state this over and over and over . . .
There are no stupid questions - just stupid people who ask questions.
Attending in the fall: GW

grizzly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 05:45:23 PM »
Nothing touches UGA and GSU for value if you are a Georgia resident.  But the advice about checking for scholarships is good.  Mercer gives a lot of money away.

Hertzy42

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2004, 02:50:41 AM »
you can apply for resident tuition at most state-funded schools after 12 months. so you'd only have to pay full tuition at any state school for one year and then you'd get the in-state. that might broaden your search somewhat.

buddha

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Impossible to Tell
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2004, 03:05:03 PM »
If you live in Georgia, UGA and GSU can't be beat.  And the COL in Athens is pretty cheap.
Hens love roosters, geese love ganders
Everyone else loves Ned Flanders!

dimitr17

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2004, 09:49:19 AM »
UGA (obviously), GaState, UNC, UF, (many tell me U of Alabama is good for only those staying in Alabama), and perhaps FSU (for its proximity from Ga and their rising status in legal community).  :-\

GoDawgs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2004, 12:17:28 PM »
Thanks!  One more question...Do public schools give money?  For instance, my numbers are high for South Carolina but do they give scholarships in the same way that private schools (ie..Mercer) do?