Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: KU to Texas?  (Read 997 times)

jdseeker

KU to Texas?
« on: April 30, 2003, 07:58:25 AM »
I'm heading to Kansas Law and wanted to know what you all thought about how well a KU JD would travel to Texas.  I chose KU over the only two Texas schools I got in to, Baylor (Spring start) & South Texas.  KU over Baylor because it was a better financial aid package, and also over South Texas because of the higher ranking.  Do you think it was a good decision given my reasons and the fact that I hope to return to Texas?

TexasStar

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: KU to Texas?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2003, 03:11:47 PM »
I do have some suggestions for you. I have been applying to Texas law schools and I also applied to some law schools in Oklahoma. The main concern I had for my out of state programs were their connections to the state of Texas. I wanted to check out what law firms came to their campus for interview days. Check with Kansas on what law firms visit their soon to be graduates. You might also see if you can do your summer internship in Texas at a major law firm. Try and spend some time on www.law.com for some useful articles on Texas interns.  There are some great articles on that site for Texas graduates.  If you plan on coming back to Texas with a good job in hand, it would be to your benefit to do a summer internship in Texas. All of my suggestions are based on phone calls made to law firms and speaking to attorneys in Texas and Oklahoma. Congrats on acceptances! Best of luck.

jdseeker

Re: KU to Texas?
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2003, 04:16:50 PM »
Thanks for the input.  I read some of your other posts and thought I'd let you know about my wait-list experiences. Last year I was wait-listed by Temple, KU & UH (UH was my first choice, but they flat out said no this year, go figure?)  I didn't end up making on any of them, but I don't know if my experience is a good indicator because I applied very late last year.  Good luck.