Law School Discussion

Difficult LR question

Re: Difficult LR question
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2004, 02:11:29 PM »

I shouldnt be giving away my secrects. :-X

the secrets already out in the logical reasoning bible.

AaronJ

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2004, 02:12:46 PM »

I shouldnt be giving away my secrects. :-X

the secrets already out in the logical reasoning bible.

I have it (recently) and I havent seen it in there.  A guy from the TM helpline told me about it.  It seems like people still dont know it though.

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2004, 02:17:58 PM »
its in the chapter on justify the conclusion questions, under the heading "Solving Justify Questions Mechanistically"

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2004, 03:11:54 PM »
What, exactly, is the "secret"?

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2004, 03:16:15 PM »
its basically the fact that if theres a new element mentioned in the conclusion but not found in the premises, it must be included in the answer choice.  this is only for assumption questions like this though.

smart

Re: answer
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2004, 04:19:44 PM »
This is a new version!!
I think the answer is E.
Premise: Piza--the only restaurant that record names,,
Conclusion: piz --utilize DM more effectively.
Combine them together: the only restaurant that record names,, "always" utilize DM more effectively.
Thus, Piza utilize DM more effectively.

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2004, 04:26:20 PM »
sorry, but D is definitely wrong.  the stimulus doesnt say anything about the relative benefits of direct-mailing, it just says that pizzerias are more efficient.

AaronJ

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2004, 05:57:30 PM »
Oh wow. 

Dillon

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2004, 09:00:20 PM »
... it just says that pizzerias are more efficient.

BTW it says they are more effective. 

So what is wrong with B. 

w/o this assumption it may be possible to do mailers to entire zip codes, blocks, the menu selection may be irrelevant, direct may include potential customers.

With the assumption in B, they would be doing it more effectively because in the first premise it states that they are the only ones collecting the data and with Bís assumption that would make them most effective by default. 

I say B,,, Maybe the pale Ale I am drinking after I got the kids to bed is pulling the wool over my eyes or something... Cas ???

I say B

mmyles

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2004, 10:10:03 PM »
I agree - I think it has to be B.  The leap in logic here is from stating they organize the information, unlike other restaurants, and somehow, they are more effective direct-mail marketers.  A cannot be right because it ignores the fact that other restaurants could have other means of having effective direct-mail marketing.  B explains that this specific method of organization is necessary for the conclusion to be true.