Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Penn wait-list  (Read 1502 times)

pamanda

• View Profile
Penn wait-list
« on: April 01, 2004, 11:01:49 PM »
Does anybody have views on increasing the chance of getting into Penn off of the waitlist?  I have already organized another recommendation and reiterated to the admissions committee that Penn is my first choice. 

Revenant

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Penn wait-list
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2004, 07:28:25 PM »
Does anybody have views on increasing the chance of getting into Penn off of the waitlist?  I have already organized another recommendation and reiterated to the admissions committee that Penn is my first choice. 

I'm not sure that your chances are good but if you're in the area, I guess I'd go to all the tours and what not and maybe speak with the admissions office in person.  Or at least that's what other people have been saying -- if it were up to me, I'd be nervous that they'd find me annoying and take me off the WL and throw me into the WB (waste bin) :)

pamanda

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2004, 10:00:22 PM »
Thank - I actually agree about being found annoying.  In the letter they send you they ask you to confirm your interest in staying on the waitlist and also that they would welcome additional materials (another writing sample, recommendation).  I think going outside the bounds of what they ask for might not be a good idea.

Revenant

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2004, 10:05:28 PM »
Thank - I actually agree about being found annoying.  In the letter they send you they ask you to confirm your interest in staying on the waitlist and also that they would welcome additional materials (another writing sample, recommendation).  I think going outside the bounds of what they ask for might not be a good idea.

Yeah, it's hard deciding what to do when you're the one on your knees. :(

pamanda

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2004, 10:14:51 PM »
Yes it is . . . and I am out of the country until school begins so no chance to casually visit Penn

gohan00001

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2004, 01:00:47 AM »
Well, I guess I should be happy then. The only response i received from Penn was an e-mail in mid-February informing me that they really like my file, but they would put it on hold so they could take a look at students with top-quartile LSAT scores. Being April, I guess I am still alive and well in the fight. I am not sure if I should call them tomorrow and check my status though.

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2004, 07:10:58 PM »
Not sure what tactics work to get off the waitlist, though sending a letter reiterating your strong interest, etc. seems like a good idea  ... but the deadline for tuition deposits at Penn is April 30th so by then they should be able to start taking people in off the waitlist (assuming their yield is not higher than expected).

Good luck!