Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAC Law School Forums  (Read 541 times)

ILoveNY

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lilstepho
    • View Profile
    • Email
LSAC Law School Forums
« on: October 27, 2004, 01:49:23 PM »
Have any of you ever been to the LSAC hosted Law School Forums?  There is one in Atlanta this weekend that I registered for, and I was curious as to whether or not it will be worth the drive and time spent (when I could be working on my PS! haha).

Is anyone else going?
Syracuse it is!!!!! .. all the way from sunny southern Alabama ...

mfitz

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.72/158
    • AOL Instant Messenger - MEFter0913
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: LSAC Law School Forums
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 02:10:05 PM »
I'm going.  I figure it's good networking, and the one three-hour drive to atl will save me the four or five three-hour drives to visit the schools later.
Accepts: Akron, Washburn, Hamline, Valpo, Mercer, Baylor (Sum), Arkansas, Ohio Northern, Tennessee,  Ave Maria, U of St. Thomas, St. Louis, S Carolina, Hofstra, U Florida.
Rejects: George Mason, UGA (blah).

I'm going to Tennessee!!!!!!

legallyliz

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 02:34:53 PM »
For the people who have gone already, have you guys found it useful and/or informative?  I talked to someone on LSD who said that it was too crowded and all the information you do receive, you can pick up from reading their websites or brochures. 

caffeine and nicotine addict

• Sr. Citizen
  • Stay back - This is MY piss-pot!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tchnav
    • View Profile
    • Third Tier Toilet
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 02:39:00 PM »
I'll be there. I want to ask some questions that I'm too impatient to wait on hold for. Plus, I really like Atlanta.   ;D
In at GULC PT/ED - WooHoo!

ILoveNY

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2004, 12:54:42 PM »
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one going, then.  It's only an hour and a half drive (and and hour time change), but Auburn is playing away this weekend. Since I don't have to miss a football game, what the hell :)  I'm planning on hitting a couple of the workshops they offer, so hopefully I'll get something out of a day trip to the wonderful atl !!

melissamw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2004, 03:16:16 PM »
What kind of questions are you guys going to ask??  I have all my apps in and am uncertain what to ask about, except decisions/ finanacial aid

caffeine and nicotine addict

• Sr. Citizen
  • Stay back - This is MY piss-pot!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tchnav
    • View Profile
    • Third Tier Toilet
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2004, 09:09:06 PM »
Just like others have said - It's what you make of it. I had good conversations with the Emory, GULC, GW, Cornell, Penn, UT-Austin, Duke, and other reps. I told them about my situation (LSAT/GPA/WE) and got good vibes from a lot of them. Some took down my info, so hopefully I can get the hook up on some waivers.
Sure you could get the literature from elsewhere, but I'll never miss an opportunity to let them match a face with my app when it comes in...
In at GULC PT/ED - WooHoo!

ILoveNY

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2004, 11:25:12 AM »
I went yesterday and I found it helpful.  However, I haven't completely decided where I want to apply.  I had most of the viewbooks for the schools that I was interested in, but I was able to ask school-specific questions that helped a lot. However, some of those people do not need to be representing their schools. Some of them can't hold a conversation in a bucket.

john6675

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2004, 06:39:20 PM »
I went to the law school forum in Atlanta this weekend and the admissions chair at a particular law school assured me that my numbers were above whatever "presumptive acceptance threshold" that they would create.

I can't believe an admissions chair would admit this.

Also, he told me that he had just had a conversation with a fellow who had scored a 149- apparently there's going to be a lot of retakes.