Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Rutgers Newark/Seton Hall  (Read 2823 times)

LimitsOnLimits

• Meow to you
    • View Profile
    • Email
Rutgers Newark/Seton Hall
« on: October 27, 2004, 10:24:42 AM »
Hey guys,

Does anyone know of anyone that was accepted to these two schools or if your applying to these schools?  I totally bombed the lsat with a 140 and i'm retaking it in December.  Do you still think I have a chance to get in with a 3.3 and two lsat scores?

Thanks

strouse

Re: Rutgers Newark/Seton Hall
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 01:23:42 PM »
I am applying to both, but I have to be honest and say that with an LSAT score at that level, I don't think you are a candidate at either.  I have a 156 and 3.7 and think that my shot is 50/50 at both.  If I were you, I would consider retaking the test. Good Luck.

strouse

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 01:25:30 PM »
sorry, I wasn't reading carefully, You said you are retaking.  I think my numbers are average for those schools.

johnjay16

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 01:36:36 PM »
yeah, it depends. 1)where you went to undergrad., and 2) what your 2nd lsat score is

i have a 2.68 gpa from villanova and a 163.  hoping to get into seton hall and doubtful about rutgers because i am not a female gay minority.hehe

LimitsOnLimits

• Meow to you
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2004, 01:54:45 PM »
I graduated from Rutgers University (undergrad), I was an intern at the public defender's office, I'm half Spanish and was on the dean's list multiple times. Would they consider that?

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2004, 02:23:51 PM »
They will look at those things and take them into consideration, but your low LSAT score will overshadow those things. I suggest working hard and getting your score up considerably, then if you are still on the low end of the Rutgers LSAT statistics, I would apply to the part time program since their statistics are lower.

Good luck.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/

LimitsOnLimits

• Meow to you
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2004, 02:56:27 PM »
Im gonna study my ass off.  I was really nervous when I took the exam and I think I can do a lot better.  It was a bad test day.  I signed up for the powerscore weekend course and taking practice lsats. 

LimitsOnLimits

• Meow to you
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2004, 02:57:53 PM »
Do you guys know if these two schools average the lsats or do they take the higher score if it is higher than 10 points?

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2004, 03:02:04 PM »
I have taken the LSAT three times and I know for a fact that they take the average because I am applying to the part time program at both Seton Hall and Rutgers Newark.

You could write an addendum if you improve drastically. May I ask what your practice scores were before the October exam? You have to be really careful that your scores goes up. If you score a 142, it is going to solidify that percentile for you, and that would not work in your favor. Do you really think you can go up 10 points from now until December. Maybe you should really study for it and take it in February or June and apply next year.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/

LimitsOnLimits

• Meow to you
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2004, 03:20:09 PM »
My scores have ranged from the 150-160s.  I know that 140 does not reflect me.  I was extremely nervous that day and totally blacked out on my sections.  I know I can score at least 10-15 points higher, I just need to calm my nerves.