Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Ohio State Waitlist  (Read 1790 times)

JD07

• View Profile
Ohio State Waitlist
« on: April 01, 2004, 07:22:47 PM »
I have been placed on the Ohio State (Moritz) waitlist. Please post on this thread if you have been placed on this waitlist or have any info. about it. Also, if you plan to attend OSU in the fall, feel free to leave a message.
LSAT-157 LSDAS GPA 3.62

Thanks

lstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Ohio State Waitlist
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2004, 07:25:17 PM »
What was the median at OSU for LSAT and GPA?

JD07

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2004, 07:30:15 PM »
OSU projects that it's median LSAT for next year will be 161 and GPA 3.6. Are you on the list? If so, what are you numbers? (if you don't mind me asking)

lstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2004, 07:33:37 PM »
Not on the list, but was considering applying for Fall 2004, but decided I didn't want to reside in Ohio for three years; nothing against the state, though.

155 LSAT, 3.82 GPA (magna cum laude)

Jason

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2004, 06:39:00 PM »
Not to get you down, but from what I understand, OSU didn't take anyone from their waitlist last year.  Are you in the top tier of the waitlist?  Good Luck...

JD07

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2004, 07:55:49 PM »
Hey Jason, thanks for the reply. How do you know that no one was taken from last years waitlist? I am in the top tier of the waitlist, but I am not holding my breath. Are you on the list?

freshstart

• LSAT: 156, UGPA: 4.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2004, 09:38:30 PM »
Congrats on making the waitlist...I was rejected.  However, I did attend an open house in the fall where the speaker said that they accepted too many students last year and would be very careful not to let that happen again this year.  I guess they had more students than lockers, etc. and it caused a lot of problems for them.  Based on that, I'd say it was likely that they didn't take anyone off of the waitlist last year, but I would think that in erring on the side of caution this year, it is likely they will under-accept and will then go to the waitlist to fill the rest.

Good luck!

JD07

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2004, 06:36:15 PM »
Hey FreshStart, that seems logical. You have very good numbers, I am surprised you didn't get in. Where are you planning on going? Good luck in your future endeavors.

JD07

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2004, 08:33:46 PM »
Anyone else waitlisted ,attending, or have any relevant info. about Moritz (OSU)?

freshstart

• LSAT: 156, UGPA: 4.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2004, 04:56:24 PM »
I am planning on attending either The University of Toledo (OH) or Stetson University (FL).  I have been offered full ride scholarships to both, and am having a hard time deciding.  UT has just moved to Tier 2 (very low) and Stetson is Tier 3.  Toledo may have the stronger program, but Stetson has some electives and clinics which interest me, as well as a much warmer climate!

I was a little surprised by OSU's rejection, but I also know my LSAT was in the lowest quartile there.  I am also waitlisted at Wake Forest, but I don't hold a lot of hope for moving off that list.  My split stats put me at the high end of Tier 3 applicants, but didn't seem to hold me in the low Tier 1/Tier 2 competitive ranks.