Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any NY 1Ls up in this piece?  (Read 1710 times)

Revenant

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Any NY 1Ls up in this piece?
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2004, 05:54:19 PM »
One thing I wanted to note though... supposedly in the 2003 USNews, when T2s weren't ranked, Cardozo was either 55th or 65th.  I'm not sure where each source got their info, but it wasn't as absurd as another site that ranked Cardozo based on its alphabetical standing. o.O

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if Cardozo had gone from 55th (if such a ranking existed unofficially) to 57th and now to 53rd.  I don't know how USNews does its ranking or curving, but note that Cardozo didn't really improve as far as their raw score is concerned, which remains 53 this year.  Seems like Cardozo got bumped up just because other schools lost ground (i.e. American, Tulane).  As much as Cardozo seems like a rising school, as far as the USNews rankings go, it's felt pretty stagnant. 

And correction, Cardozo arrived in 1976, not 1996 :)

Phillip79

• ICQ Messenger - 0
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PhillipBach79
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Phillip_Bach
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Any NY 1Ls up in this piece?
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2004, 01:03:22 AM »
Considering that Cardozo was one point from the USSnooze top tier this year, and (according to Rob Schwartz) they've now moved up 33 slots since he arrived in 1996, it's basically a guarantee that they'll keep going up for the forseeable future, especially with the new physical renovations complete. They're clearly picking off a lot of the top students that Brooklyn and even Fordham would have had a few years ago, like me.   ;D

I talked to Rob Schwartz.  He seems like a good guy, and is doing great things for the school.  I can see them breaking into the 40's in the near future. 

Congrats, and good luck at Cardozo.