Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: lsat 147/GPA 3.44  (Read 19622 times)

christylove

• If you do not look, you will never see.
    • MSN Messenger - trulve@msn.com
    • View Profile
Re: lsat 147/GPA 3.44
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2005, 05:41:12 PM »
A 147??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
You're fucken HOPELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys,

So I got a 147 on my lsat and GPA of 3.44 (3.38 if not converted by the lsac) do you know which one they take? I am debating whether to retake the test in Dec.  I'm not very good at the test, my previous practice tests flip flop from 156 to 146 and all that is in between.

(About me)I go to a second tier liberal arts college with Avg. ACT of 27.  I am an English and Sociology double major, I have played in an intercollegiate sport for 3 yrs, I have studied abroad for a semester in 3 countries, I do work-study, have volunteered off and on, and I recently joined the Asian Association.  I am Vietnamese-American and come from an economically disadvantaged background.  I am applying to Tier 3 schools like William Mitchell and one tier 4 school like Hamline.  I've been really anxious and I am not sure what to do. I hear applying early is better.  And I think I have a good PS and LORs.  Should I take my chances and apply or retake my test and take my chances there?

Thanks for all your help 
Judging from your language, so are you. A 147 doesn't mean she can't get in, it just means she has to try harder.
ChristyLove

the scientist

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2005, 09:55:27 PM »
anyone know how to convert gpa into LSAC adjusted GPA...
if so can u tell me what would be 3.36 equivalent to ????

gentoo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Are you talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2005, 10:02:30 PM »
anyone know how to convert gpa into LSAC adjusted GPA...
if so can u tell me what would be 3.36 equivalent to ????

Sorry, I'm not a math person.
http://www.lsac.org/LSAC.asp?url=/additional-info/transcript-summarization.asp#grade-table
You must also include in your calculations: NC ("No credit" classes), repeated courses, and any other grades from different colleges (if applicable).

Or you can just mail your transcript to LSAC and they'll do the math for you.
Pending: Whittier (PT + FT)

the scientist

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2005, 10:16:11 PM »
^^   thanks a bunch for the link...
but that coversion chart is a bit complicated for me. Do u think i should send my transcript to LSAC... i wont be applying for law school untill 4/5 months from now.. or will it matter if i just send my transcript for the sole purpose of coverting my UGPA and not letting it known to the Law schools

gentoo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Are you talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2005, 10:38:45 PM »
^^   thanks a bunch for the link...
but that coversion chart is a bit complicated for me. Do u think i should send my transcript to LSAC... i wont be applying for law school untill 4/5 months from now.. or will it matter if i just send my transcript for the sole purpose of coverting my UGPA and not letting it known to the Law schools

If you are still in school, wait until after graduation to send in transcripts. If you graduated and your transcript is complete, it won't matter if you send it in now or in 4-5 months. If you choose not to send it in, your only option is to figure out your LSAT GPA by hand. The math isn't hard, it's just a pain in the ass.
Pending: Whittier (PT + FT)

the scientist

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2005, 10:47:01 PM »
I graduated  in december. 
The only thing i dont understand abt the conversion chart, "is LSDAS Converted GPA for a 3 credit course is the same as a 4 credit course."  Understandably it will be different for a grade of ,lets say, B in a 3 credit course as opposed to a grade of 'B' in a 4 credit course.

yk84

• MSN Messenger - ykim552002@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2005, 02:34:19 PM »
Hi, I would retake the exam. I got a 144 (October) and a 3.33 GPA. When I retook it in December, I got a 156. It was definitely the nerves and anxiety that contributed to the 144, but after the second time around, I felt a lot more relaxed and confident. I just found out that I got accepted to Rutgers-Camden. So if you feel that the 147 doesn't reflect your potential, I would try it again.

Hope this helps,
yk

JDCPA

• AOL Instant Messenger - CRYINGWOLFOWITZ
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2005, 04:29:09 AM »
http://officialguide.lsac.org/search/cgi-bin/lsatgpa.asp

You need to take the test again. If you go the above link, and do a data search using these numbers, you have a 60% or greater chance at 16 schools. You might be able to get into some fourt tiers (appaliacian, cooley ect) with your current LSAT. I will tell you, your GPA is fine, there is nothing wrong with it. But that LSAT will kill you. You need to bring that average up. The background/experience wont matter. I have a lower GPA (3.2) but a 156, and access to 90 schools. If you can raise that LSAT you will have far more options.
Adam
Biology Bachelors/Accounting Masters
Future JD/CPA
Don't ask
Resident political/poll junkie
156 In case you wanted to know
"A conservative is a man who has a perfectly good set of legs, yet cannot walk forward"--Franklin Roosevelt

frolicdetour

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2005, 08:53:40 PM »
Hi,

According to the website below, you have the following chances with respect to your gpa and lsat score. I enter a 3.4 gpa with a 147 lsat score. Good luck.

Wm Mitch  .318
Hamline   .507

http://chiashu.com/law/calc.jsp

supergirluw

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2005, 01:31:03 AM »
Hi,

According to the website below, you have the following chances with respect to your gpa and lsat score. I enter a 3.4 gpa with a 147 lsat score. Good luck.

Wm Mitch  .318
Hamline   .507

http://chiashu.com/law/calc.jsp

OHMGYOD! where'd you find that site? I'VE NEVER SEEN IT BEFORE!