Author Topic: wtf?  (Read 2150 times)

trogdor

• Sr. Citizen
  • the BURNINATOR!
    • View Profile
    • LSN profile
Re: wtf?
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2004, 05:30:20 PM »
bu does i know.  bc and uva do not i know.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." Orwell

Dolcejn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2004, 05:35:04 PM »
Hmmm...I just checked on my LSAC file, and BU only requests this from Undergrad institutions, not grad institutions, so I'm fine there.  With Harvard (I should have noticed), it does require it from grad school.  With Columbia, however, it's unclear.  Especially because the form is more like an evaluatory form, and I haven't even received any grades yet from grad school...
HLS

Mrs Malaprop

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My LSN Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2004, 08:20:05 PM »
Hmmm...I just checked on my LSAC file, and BU only requests this from Undergrad institutions, not grad institutions, so I'm fine there.  With Harvard (I should have noticed), it does require it from grad school.  With Columbia, however, it's unclear.  Especially because the form is more like an evaluatory form, and I haven't even received any grades yet from grad school...

In the booklet that accompanies the Columbia paper app, it says:

"A Dean's Appraisal form or an equivalent certification of good standing must be submitted from each educational institution where you are currently enrolled in a degree program; from which you have already earned a degree; and at which you were matriculated toward a degree (regardless of whether a degree was recieved). Please note that it is not necessary that the dean or administrative officer responsible for such certification know your personally. He/she may complete the Dean's Appraisal (or equivalent certification) on the basis of official records."

Hope that clears things up. I had the same question myself...

!@#$%

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2004, 08:33:43 PM »
lexy, just got the same thing from Harvard.  ARGH!  Question for people who know: so Columbia requires this too from grad schools in ADDITION to undergrad, but how about any of these nine:

BU
BC
Notre Dame
Hastings
NYU
UVA
U Michigan
U Chicago
Georgetown

I think only one of these (in addition to Columbia and Harvard) required Dean certs - maybe BU?  Argh.

UVA, Chicago and GULC do not require dean's certs.