Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: wtf?  (Read 2153 times)

lexylit

wtf?
« on: October 25, 2004, 03:48:21 PM »
just got a letter from harvard that i didnt send my dean's cert from stanford for my MA. did anyone think we needed grad school dean's certs? i feel like no other LS wants that (as evidenced by the fact that i'm "complete" at e.g. cornell). plus it's called a COLLEGE DEAN'S CERTIFICATE so why would they need it for grad school? well, if i steered anyone wrong with my assumption, i apologize.

fwiw, now we know harvard has a checklist and will let you know exactly what's missing if something is. the form they sent me has 5 possible problems with your app and they checked one off and filled it in.

blah...

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: wtf?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 04:03:27 PM »
ugh, what a pain.  sorry about that :(
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

lexylit

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 04:05:19 PM »
i don't even know where to send it. dept administrator? advisor? some kind of grad school dean? :-\

buster

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2004, 04:11:36 PM »
FYI Columbia wants 'em from grad schools too. I ended up getting mine filled out by some sort of disciplinary officer based on the reasoning that the most important aspect was the conduct information.

lexylit

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2004, 04:12:50 PM »
FYI Columbia wants 'em from grad schools too. I ended up getting mine filled out by some sort of disciplinary officer based on the reasoning that the most important aspect was the conduct information.

*&^%! thank you! ahhhhhhhhh

anyone know about duke et al?

buster

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2004, 04:14:46 PM »
Yes -- should have put it in the first post, sorry. Duke and Stanford do not required certs from grad programs.

*&^%! thank you! ahhhhhhhhh

anyone know about duke et al?

lexylit

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2004, 04:15:53 PM »
thank you-- at least i know no early deadlines hang in the balance.

buster

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2004, 04:18:02 PM »
No problem. In return, please get LSAC to process my LOR sent September 28.  ::)

thank you-- at least i know no early deadlines hang in the balance.

egg

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2004, 04:21:37 PM »

Oops- I missed that, too! Do you recall whether they want them from all schools ever, or just UG and Gr. degree-granting schools?

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2004, 04:24:48 PM »
from the ones i've seen, they only need it if you earned a degree.  so nothing from two JC's i attended PT.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?