Law School Discussion

DUKE--please read

AMB22

• View Profile
DUKE--please read
« on: October 25, 2004, 12:15:44 PM »
From Duke's application info:

"Early Action - To be eligible for early action, you must meet both the following criteria:
1.      You must have taken the LSAT no later than June 2004; AND
2.      Your application and all supporting material must be received in the Office of Admissions no
         later than November 1, 2004.
Under no circumstances will your file be considered for early action if you take or retake the LSAT after June 2004. Your material with LSAC must be complete and ready to be released at the time of our initial request and recommendation letters submitted via LSAC must be processed before November 1."

My question is this, I have 3 LORs(all important and bring new insights, etc), 2 processed and 1 mailed on 10/4 but not yet online at LSAC...I want to be evaluated at Duke based on all three but because LSAC is so screwed up right now my 3rd probably won't be processed by Friday when I would need to send in my app for Duke's EA...

since schools know about the delay, should I send in my application and hope Duke waits for the 3rd or not send it in and apply regular???

jacy85

• View Profile
Re: DUKE--please read
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 12:38:46 PM »
Your third rec may not even make much of a difference.

You answered your own question.  You really want to be considered for EA.  So send your stuff in.

If you dont' get in, you'll just be bumped into the regular pool, and they will receive your third rec by the time you are reconsidered.

If Duke doesn't want you without that 3rd LOR, I really don't know that that 1 letter will drastically change their minds.

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 12:44:17 PM »
I'm just hoping against hope that my second letter gets processed within the next week to meet their deadline... hopeful because the first one which was sent later was processed this weekend, but doubtful because so far there are a lot of people with unprocessed letters sent around that time...

ZAP

AMB22

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2004, 12:58:47 PM »
My third letter that I am waiting on will likely be my best recommendation, that is why I am concerned...

jacy85

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2004, 02:52:12 PM »
I still don't think it will make a huge difference.  You won't get rejected doing EA, and you might get accepted right off the bat.

If you get rolled into the regular pool, then your third rec will be there.  The I doubt it will be any more or less valuable to your app in the regular pool than it would in the EA pool.