Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: what if i retake?  (Read 1017 times)

trogdor

• Sr. Citizen
  • the BURNINATOR!
    • View Profile
    • LSN profile
what if i retake?
« on: October 25, 2004, 01:51:21 PM »
if i retake in december, should i wait to send out apps. or should i send them now?  will they reevaluate my application when the score comes in in december? 
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." Orwell

KatieManley01

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - katiemanley01@Hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: what if i retake?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 03:03:12 PM »
rando- i would definitely recommend posting this on the studying for the lsat board.  there have been conversation about this, and think some people have good advice on this.  if you do retake i would wait until your score comes in to submit your apps.  otherwise you will run the risk of being denied bc of your oct. score.  you might want to post this on the other board, because i am not completely confident in this!
Attending Duke

eeniemeeniemineymoe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2004, 10:43:08 PM »
i disagree.  why couldn't you apply now with a note saying wait until the dec exam?
there will be an influx of apps after the Dec score. You'll lose a good month waiting for them to request your info etc.  By that time, we're talking mid-january.  That's is a tough time to be "applying."  Seats are mostly gone, unless you are an EXCEPTIONAL candidate.

I think it's a better idea to go for it now.
Going from mush to meringue...

trogdor

• Sr. Citizen
  • the BURNINATOR!
    • View Profile
    • LSN profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2004, 01:03:15 PM »
thanks for the suggestions.  i've decided to send the damn apps in now and see if i get accepted into any of the schools i really want to go to.  if not, i'll retake in feb or june next year.  the waiting game begins...
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." Orwell