Law School Discussion

Addendum help -- should I introduce the reputation of my school?

Hi,

1. I graduated from a college in Taiwan. It is highly respected in Taiwan but probably no adcom here was familiar with the school. Should I write an addendum to advertise my school a bit to "leverage" my average GPA (3.4)?

2. Should I write an addendum just to mention my junior/senior GPA (3.9) is higher than my cumulative GPA (3.4)? I've already included a resume that showed the trend of grades. I think probably I don't need to, but I just want someone to confirm my thought.

Thanx a lot.

jgomez

Re: Addendum help -- should I introduce the reputation of my school?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 09:46:17 AM »
1.  I would, just to give them some perspective.
2.  No, because it's redundant from your academic resume.

BAFF213

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 06:06:07 PM »
Hi,

1. I graduated from a college in Taiwan. It is highly respected in Taiwan but probably no adcom here was familiar with the school. Should I write an addendum to advertise my school a bit to "leverage" my average GPA (3.4)?

2. Should I write an addendum just to mention my junior/senior GPA (3.9) is higher than my cumulative GPA (3.4)? I've already included a resume that showed the trend of grades. I think probably I don't need to, but I just want someone to confirm my thought.

Thanx a lot.

first, i think you should spell "jurassic" correctly.

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2004, 11:17:45 PM »

HAha...actually I do know the correct spelling of "jurassic." But I have used the same netID since junior high so I wouldn't want to change it.

But thanks to the first reply. Your advice was helpful.

BAFF213

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2004, 08:21:46 PM »

HAha...actually I do know the correct spelling of "jurassic." But I have used the same netID since junior high so I wouldn't want to change it.

But thanks to the first reply. Your advice was helpful.

i just felt like being an a-hole like some other people on this board.