ootme

Re: "damn it's too late!" Application Regrets
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2004, 03:32:37 PM »
This is how I did my apps.

Fill out online
Print out..
Review and look for errors
Redo if necessary

print out all other materials (resume etc)
look for errors
redo if necessary

Upload attachments
Preview each attachment
Look for errors

View application again
Print out
Look for errors AGAIN

Submit app

Im so paranoid about every little thing...

ootme

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2004, 03:34:38 PM »
Oh and I forgot the final step.

After ttransmitted, view entire app.
Print out
Look for errors
If none are found, throw in trash

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2004, 10:43:15 PM »
Aren't you suppose to keep records of all of your applications for the bar?

ScurvyWench

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2004, 10:51:11 PM »
I love you and your dual processor.  ::) I did the same thing.

This is how I did my apps.

Fill out online
Print out..
Review and look for errors
Redo if necessary

print out all other materials (resume etc)
look for errors
redo if necessary

Upload attachments
Preview each attachment
Look for errors

View application again
Print out
Look for errors AGAIN

Submit app

Im so paranoid about every little thing...

TDPookie1

• the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2004, 11:34:10 PM »
... and i bet yale is flooded with perfect files starting 9/1 regardless of numbers.

no.  yale has no perfect files, except mine.  i wait, i forgot to italicize my column headings...  yale has no perfect files, but mine is close.  they will pick me as a result.   ;D

i got an e-mail from them today to confirm receipt of my app!  this is me to yale:  :-*

this is yale to me:  ???  (as in, who the hell do you think you are?), or  :o (as in, you think you deserve to come here), or  >:( (as in, i wasted my time looking at *your* file).

i've become very self-deprecating about the whole yale thing lately...

jacy85

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2004, 07:15:25 AM »
Yup, this was how I did mine too.  Lots of printing out and highlighting errors.  I was aiming for Oct 1, but sent them out earlier, since lexy and some others had all of theirs out, and I started getting panicky that I was late.  :)

I haven't looked that my essays or anythign since, nor do I plan to.  I don't need the stress.

And yes, you are supposed to save a copy of your ls apps.  When you take the bar exam, you need to provide a copy.  Wake Forest's app says this in big bold letters.  You can't always assume your ls will maintain a  copy for you.

I did my PS and LOR stuff in August.  Throughout Sep I worked on each app whenever I had a little extra time.  The first weekend in Oct I sat down and finished everything up and mailed them all out on the following monday.

Miltra

• Grrrr! I am a she beast.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2004, 08:19:59 AM »
... and i bet yale is flooded with perfect files starting 9/1 regardless of numbers.

no.  yale has no perfect files, except mine.  i wait, i forgot to italicize my column headings...  yale has no perfect files, but mine is close.  they will pick me as a result.   ;D

i got an e-mail from them today to confirm receipt of my app!  this is me to yale:  :-*

this is yale to me:  ???  (as in, who the hell do you think you are?), or  :o (as in, you think you deserve to come here), or  >:( (as in, i wasted my time looking at *your* file).

<gentle nudge>  Hey, look over here, at the rest of the country.  There are a LOT more schools, many that would be a great fit for you. 
Besides, everyone knows Yale is that beautiful 6'4" male model with an amazing personality and killer abs.  In short, an impossible myth.  Besides, no one parties like the above-average-but-not-quite-exceptional people, such as myself, who will be rocking Pennm, NYU, GTown, etc.
-A

ootme

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2004, 08:33:11 AM »
I love that Penn, NYU and GT are considered as only "above average" here.

lexylit

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2004, 10:08:47 AM »
was i really supposed to save them? i definitely didnt. i suppose theyll be on lsac until june or so and i can print them out anytime?

and miltra, i agree about the partying. although i have 4 friends at three different yale programs (none for law) so at least i can vouch for the dartmouth kids  ;)

TDPookie1

• the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2004, 10:48:46 AM »

<gentle nudge>  Hey, look over here, at the rest of the country.  There are a LOT more schools, many that would be a great fit for you. 
Besides, everyone knows Yale is that beautiful 6'4" male model with an amazing personality and killer abs.  In short, an impossible myth.  Besides, no one parties like the above-average-but-not-quite-exceptional people, such as myself, who will be rocking Pennm, NYU, GTown, etc.
-A

ah, yes, the impossible myth.  that's why i'm applying to 12 other schools :)