Law School Discussion

"damn it's too late!" Application Regrets

ootme

Re: "damn it's too late!" Application Regrets
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2004, 03:06:23 PM »
Yep here's another vote AGAINST sequentially fillng out applications.
If I have ot do this again next year, im getting everything prepped at once, and sending it all in on the same day.

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2004, 03:12:00 PM »
haha my guess is that the schools recieve sloppy files with really good or really bad scores first, then cleaner files with really good and decent scores, then a bunch of average files, then at the very end they recieve alot of bad scores with really messy files (with an occasional good score/clean, yet arrogantly late file)..what do you think?

ootme

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2004, 03:13:55 PM »
I think that I should have started a month earlier

TheDecline

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2004, 03:20:30 PM »
Probably would've been a good idea. 

ootme

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2004, 03:21:43 PM »
Probably would've been a good idea. 

Yeh I think so too

lexylit

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2004, 03:23:20 PM »
haha my guess is that the schools recieve sloppy files with really good or really bad scores first, then cleaner files with really good and decent scores, then a bunch of average files, then at the very end they recieve alot of bad scores with really messy files (with an occasional good score/clean, yet arrogantly late file)..what do you think?

nah, some of us are anal enough to send very clean files very early. plus a lot of people have perfect, early files with borderline numbers, to give their numbers a tiny boost.

i read on the cornell site that a third of their applicants apply early action, so i'd expect they get plenty of clean files with solid numbers, and i bet yale is flooded with perfect files starting 9/1 regardless of numbers.

TheDecline

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2004, 03:24:35 PM »
I did my PS and LOR stuff in August.  Throughout Sep I worked on each app whenever I had a little extra time.  The first weekend in Oct I sat down and finished everything up and mailed them all out on the following monday.

ootme

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2004, 03:26:04 PM »
I did my PS and LOR stuff in August.  Throughout Sep I worked on each app whenever I had a little extra time.  The first weekend in Oct I sat down and finished everything up and mailed them all out on the following monday.

well well well

ootme

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2004, 03:28:13 PM »
Of course it could be that some of us obsess over things and find ways that we could have improved our apps...while others dont give them a second thought

AMB22

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2004, 03:28:59 PM »
I'm sending mine in as we speak...only thing I screwed up so far was put down an inaccurate email address for Cornell...emailed their admissions office immediately...

I had my applications done in September but had to wait for my LORS to come in, one still isnt up but I'm not waiting anymore just sending them in now...