Law School Discussion

"damn it's too late!" Application Regrets

TheDecline

Re: "damn it's too late!" Application Regrets
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2004, 11:28:24 AM »
I don't even remember to which schools I applied.

JRG83

• View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2004, 01:21:33 PM »
looking at those apps would only intensify the ulcer i have already developed from this whole process!  There is no way you could get me to look at any of my essays EVER AGAIN-- there is nothing that can be done about mistakes now.

ootme

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2004, 01:23:48 PM »
Sid Viscious: REGRETTTTSSSS I'VE HHHHADDD A  FEWWW

yep... def a few screups over here... trying not to think about them

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2004, 01:27:41 PM »
only one of my apps is in, but now im having second thoughts about  my resume..it is currently very descriptive (a few bullets with paragraph style explanations), but someone told me I should change it to more bulleted, less explanation...what do you think

egg

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2004, 02:03:54 PM »
I sent in a few apps and THEN noticed that LSDAS imported my university names incorrectly by forcing them into a 'first letter capitalized' scheme- e.g., University Of California At San Francisco. I think I also screwed up some comma usage in the first sentence of my PS' final paragraph for those apps. The problem with submitting your apps sequentially is that you get better at them as you go- lesson officially learned.

I definitely made a typo and told a few schools that I was an '84 graduate of Stanford Medical School and candidate for NASA's astronaut corps, when I actually meant to say that I watch the Discovery Channel a lot. Too late to fix that, now.

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2004, 02:06:42 PM »

I definitely made a typo and told a few schools that I was an '84 graduate of Stanford Medical School and candidate for NASA's astronaut corps, when I actually meant to say that I watch the Discovery Channel a lot. Too late to fix that, now.

haha thats the funniest thing ive ever heard

lexylit

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2004, 02:07:46 PM »

you know, everybody makes typographical errors. they can't really hold it against you unless you spelled it "meduhcal" in which case youre @#$d.

TDPookie1

• the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2004, 02:09:26 PM »

:D  that typo might help you out at yale.  i would comment, but i'd just be jacking your joke idea, so i'll keep quiet.

i've mentioned this elsewhere, but i need four lines for my colleges, and many apps didn't give me four lines on the form, so on my addendum page, i also added a table to put the complete list of schools.  well, i typed everything in just fine, but i didn't format the column headings to look different (e.g., italics or bold).  i noticed it after a couple of apps and changed it for the last ones.  too bad i started with my reaches  :-\  that's it, i'm not getting into yale, and it's all because i didn't italicize "colleges attended."  ::sigh::

egg

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2004, 02:17:42 PM »
you know, everybody makes typographical errors. they can't really hold it against you unless you spelled it "meduhcal" in which case youre @#$d.

Darnit- my novel "phonetic PS" was supposed to be my ticket to Cambridge!

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2004, 02:59:28 PM »
I already sent in an application to my safety school, and i am in the process of applying to wake right now...i just looked at my pdf version of the file and my font is messed up for 2 of my documents, and according to the file, my resume is longer than a page! and i keep trying to tinker with the font (highlight the entire doc then and change it accordingly) and then i reload it and the font in one area STILL looks different than the rest of the document...what the heck is going on?