Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Critique Needed  (Read 286 times)

SSU_Mike

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • One Man's Quest Towards Getting Into Law School
Critique Needed
« on: October 25, 2004, 02:45:33 AM »
I've scoured websites and books looking for a list of 10 schools to apply to. I have a 145 LSAT score and 3.26 UGPA. I have two really good LORs from professors and one from my manager at work. My personal statement is pretty solid I think. I live in Northern California now just for referrence. Tell me which ones you think are worth spending money on applying to:

California Western (I really liked this one)
Chapman
Golden Gate
Loyola Marymount
Southwestern (LA)
Thomas Jefferson
Whittier
Penn State
Willamette (Really liked also)
Seatlle Univ.
University of Denver
Texas Tech
St. Mary's (TX)

Which ones are worth it and which aren't?

Thanks a lot, I don't know where I'd be without this board!
check out my website @ http://www.mikeosipoff.com

enave

• View Profile
Re: Critique Needed
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 02:32:48 PM »
I don't know about schools outside of California.  However, I know that for Cal. schools like Southwestern and Loyola you really need a 155+ to be competitive.  Southwestern and Loyola recieved almost 10,000 apps combined last year.  Southwestern made a point not to give outright offers to anyone under 153, they waitlisted many in the low 150's only a few exceptions were eventually admitted.  There are of course exceptions to the rule.  However, I know that apps are again on the rise and you can expect the same level of scrutiny.  I believe Southwesterns accpetance stat was like 21% last year which is a fifteen year low.

You may have a better shot at, Whittier, Chapman and Cal Western. 

Lulu

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 02:47:01 PM »
Would you consider retaking the LSAT ever? If you could get a 150, I think you would be in a much stronger position. Your GPA isn't bad, but it's also not incredibly high, and I think everyone's personal statements and LOR's are good- those things are supposed to differentiate you from the pile, but I think it will be hard to get into the pile if your numbers aren't competive for the school...(I am refering to the poster who suggested you may not be competive for a school you really like) I really don't know too much about the schools though

RUSIRIUS

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 02:54:05 PM »
Buy the Logic Games Bible and study your ass off....take a powerscore course if you can.

I guarantee you will score higher on the next test