Law School Discussion

Stuck in the Middle

superiorlobe

Re: Stuck in the Middle
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2004, 03:10:58 PM »
another stupid reply.

You can't look at scores in absolute terms.  You can only look at them from the perspective of the person who earned it.  A 170 is a so-so score for a lot of people.  Deal with it.

lexylit

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2004, 03:24:46 PM »
another stupid reply.

You can't look at scores in absolute terms.  You can only look at them from the perspective of the person who earned it.  A 170 is a so-so score for a lot of people.  Deal with it.

you know what, 'lobe? i KNOW you know that's bull. objectively, everyone knows that scoring in the 99th percentile is not so-so, even if it's so-so compared to your practice scores or compared to what you were hoping for. believe me, when i got my 168 i burst into tears because it was disappointing for me, but i would not come into a public forum and call it so-so. the OP's questions are legitimate and she obviously doesnt have a lot of experience yet with the whole process, but she'll soon find that the top tier will be receptive to her "ho-hum" scores. negotiator's reply is far from stupid.

superiorlobe

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2004, 03:26:57 PM »
another stupid reply.

you know what, 'lobe? i KNOW you know that's bull. objectively, everyone knows that scoring in the 99th percentile is not so-so, even if it's so-so compared to your practice scores or compared to what you were hoping for. believe me, when i got my 168 i burst into tears because it was disappointing for me, but i would not come into a public forum and call it so-so. the OP's questions are legitimate and she obviously doesnt have a lot of experience yet with the whole process, but she'll soon find that the top tier will be receptive to her "ho-hum" scores. negotiator's reply is far from stupid.

You're right.  I've just been ticked off at all the "all 170ers should shut up" posts, so I over reacted.

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2004, 05:52:19 PM »
You can't keep going back to the "bad for certain people thing," because I was not happy with my 165, but I have enough intelligence to not say that to a friend of mine that got a 134. The only people that can complain about their LSAT if it that high are the people with shittacular GPAs, and that is still pretty pathetic...

Some of these people need to go wander through the LSAT Horror Stories.

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2004, 02:03:32 PM »
who is flame?  I will admit to being a sucktastic a-hole if you'll explain what was meant by that?  I don't think a 170 is awful, I'm not crying, I just don't know where it places me in the grand scheme of things because putting my numbers into a calculator (the LSAC one) still leaves me with a lot of schools that I've only got 25% or less shot at.  It's true that there are more that I do have a good shot at, I was just looking for advice on where to concentrate my efforts, I did not mean in anyway to imply that those that scored lower than me are less than people or that I am some superhuman goddess that likes to rub other people's nose in it.  I'm sorry that I personally offended you.

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2004, 06:31:35 PM »
so either everyone still hates me or everyone doesn't give a crap anymore

here's hoping for the latter

lexylit

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2004, 06:38:33 PM »
so either everyone still hates me or everyone doesn't give a darn anymore

here's hoping for the latter

i wasn't talking to you, i was talking to 'lobe

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2004, 06:40:51 PM »
is this bored censored?  I swear I didn't write "darn"

buster

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2004, 06:56:30 PM »
heh

you can turn off that option in your profile settings

is this bored censored?  I swear I didn't write "darn"

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2004, 07:04:55 PM »
Dag.  I can't figure this (insert vaugely dirty word here) out.