Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Need serious help....w/ deciding where to apply  (Read 269 times)

domin r rican

• View Profile
Need serious help....w/ deciding where to apply
« on: October 24, 2004, 08:34:33 PM »
ok, im new to this board.  I took the oct lsat and bombed it really well.  I even took a prep course and studied my ass off but i guess it didn't work.  I go to a good state school w/ a excellent reputaion and my gpa is 3.1 ( got all b's in college, literally).  I've worked on my personal statement since the summer and it awsome (everyone and their mother has helped me w/ it) and my LORs are great too (they let me read them).  Im actively involved in stu orgs too.  All the other parts of my app are solid if not better.  Im really discouraged by my score and i not sure what to do at this point.  I don't want to take this test over b/c im sure i do just as poorly.  I do really bad on standardized tests too.  I sucked at the SAT's as well (but managed to do well in college dispite the fact).  My a urm from NYC, bilingual and 1st generation college grad.  What schools have "conditonal" admissions programs that i should look into?  Should i try to get interviews? Im stuck at this point as you can see.  HELP!