Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2005 USNWR Law School Rankings  (Read 13256 times)

thechoson

Re: 2005 USNWR Law School Rankings
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2004, 07:35:48 PM »
UNLV is 87! WOW... correct me if I am wrong, I think that's the highest debut ever!

ruskiegirl

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2004, 07:45:22 PM »
Damnit! I got ACCEPTED to a top 10 school, and I am GOING to the same school, although it's now a top 15. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaah! :'(

cal4ever

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2004, 07:54:10 PM »
Damnit! I got ACCEPTED to a top 10 school, and I am GOING to the same school, although it's now a top 15. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaah! :'(

Don't worry, I'm sure the Berkeley community will be pissed.  I know I am!  I'm sure the new dean will do everything in his power to get Boalt back into the top 10.  In fact, the new dean has stated he intends to make sure Boalt gets into the top 5 in a few years.  As far as I'm concerned, let's just get back into the top 10 first.  ARGH!
I am thanking my lucky stars that I got into Boalt Hall!  Three more years in Berkeley.

scolomon

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2004, 07:57:30 PM »
Georgetown isnt on the list, someone must be pulling our legs

asuhelms

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2004, 08:14:14 PM »
GULC #14

Louder Than Bombs

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2004, 08:14:33 PM »
Otherwise, it seems like the rankings only serve to allow law students and schools to get into pissing contests about whose school is better.

Actually, the rankings serve an even more dubious purpose - to sell magazines...

Chris

Revenant

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2004, 08:33:01 PM »
I believe you - I just want to see the other data on those pages :)

hey, the rankings for the third and fourth tier are listed alphabetically... and thus, really are not rankings.  all the information is still there, but the explanation that "law schools within each of these tears should be considered broadly similar in quality and therefore are listed alphabetically."

i do not have a scanner, but i will see if i can use my friend's camera later to take a picture and uplooad it somehow.

however, i stress that the rankings in the first post of this thread are correct.

tahoetahoe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2004, 10:36:28 PM »
how do bc and bu flip flop like that?  Glad I got into BU?   :)
W Bush: I think if you know what you believe, it makes it a lot easier to
answer questions. I can't answer your question."
In response to a question about whether he wished he could take back any of his answers in the 
first debate. Reynoldsburg, Ohio, Oct. 4, 2000

Kerry 2004!!!!!!!!!

Revenant

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2004, 11:16:41 PM »
how do bc and bu flip flop like that?  Glad I got into BU?   :)

Add a couple points to one, subtract a couple points from the other, and stick a couple schools in between and there you have it.  I don't have a copy of the mag, but from the looks of it, BU could be a 67 (along with the other 3 schools in the 4-way tie), the #27 schools 66s and BC a 65.

JG

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2004, 11:35:33 PM »
I just got back from the newsstand, and the rankings are real!  Not that I really doubted it, but it was great to see it for myself, especially since both my potential schools went up.