Law School Discussion

How many LOR's is everyone getting?

absy

• View Profile
Re: How many LOR's is everyone getting?
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2004, 11:36:48 PM »
that's something you have to trust.  I know that my two recommenders knew me very well and really want me to get into a great law school.  I can only hope that they wrote something that will get me in.

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2004, 11:42:52 PM »
that's something you have to trust.  I know that my two recommenders knew me very well and really want me to get into a great law school.  I can only hope that they wrote something that will get me in.

I see.

Good luck on the yale [and other top schools] apps  :)

Another Q:

I know a couple [that's really close to me and my parents].....and they are very successful lawyers. If they write me a letter of rec [from a non academic but more of a personal perspective]....., which they indicated to be more than willing if requested, would that be ok?

absy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2004, 11:45:09 PM »
what would they really add?  unless they could talk about outside activities or something substantive, I don't think it would matter.  it seems like a classic "appeal to authority" fallacy.  "I'm a successful lawyer, and clone is such a good guy."

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2004, 11:50:58 PM »
what would they really add?  unless they could talk about outside activities or something substantive, I don't think it would matter.  it seems like a classic "appeal to authority" fallacy.  "I'm a successful lawyer, and clone is such a good guy."

good point.

A_guy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2004, 10:00:53 AM »
i had four 3 professors and 1 supervisor.

shadowcreeper

• LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2004, 11:45:27 AM »
I also have 4 letters of reccomendation. One from a professor who is like my mentor, one from a professor that I had in undergrad and graduate classes, one my from my discertation advisor, and one from a supervisor.

superiorlobe

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2004, 12:17:06 PM »
So far I am only planning on sending two letters.  I may not apply to schools that require three.

utaustin

• 3.36/164
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2004, 02:02:47 PM »
I'm getting three. That's probably the best I can do. I'm not applying to any special programs that would require customized LORs from specific people.

bj47

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2004, 06:06:52 PM »
Three.  One from my thesis advisor, one from my academic advisor, and one from my college basketball coach.

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2004, 08:27:34 AM »
Sending out three now (2 professors and a former supervisor).  If I get waitlisted somewhere, I'll have my current boss send one in.