Law School Discussion

Who should write my LOR's...

texas1

Who should write my LOR's...
« on: October 24, 2004, 12:19:33 PM »
I have two employer's that I know will write excellent LOR's...so no problem there.

But for academic LOR's I'm a bit stuck. I havn't attended class for several years now. The last professor that I had for more than one class is one of the most respected scholars in his field (Pauline studies) and I received an A in both classes (which he himself was impressed by) so I know that he would attest to my ability...but there has been no contact since, and he wasn't very relational then...

Two years before that I was attending an unacredited bible college in London. Had a GREAT relationship with a teacher there, and even had a tutorial class with him on hermeneutics (interpretation) where it was a one on one setting. Since then we have stayed in touch, and last year he even read a book that I had written, and offered to write a recommendation for the book jacket. (He was at the time the principle of an accredited college, now he has stepped back into a teaching role).

So do I take relational recommendation over a possibly more credintialed proffessor, or should both compliment each other well...

Also, I was in a motor vehicle accident several years back, and when we when through the deposition portion of the proceedings, our lawyer said that he had never seen someone do as well in a deposition as I had...would that type of reflective comment add up to much, or would the academic references outweigh it?

thanks for any and all responses!