Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ashlee simpson caught lip-synching  (Read 1563 times)

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: ashlee simpson caught lip-synching
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2004, 02:10:16 AM »
my bf just showed me that same article :)  i wish i hadn't deleted the episode already.  i want to watch more carefully now.  ::realizes that absy posted the link::  dude, i SO don't remember that, but when i played it, my bf said he does remember that.  so  ???

and i just listened to enrique too.  omg, that was seriously painful!
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

amarain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Atlanta Private Investigator
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2004, 09:57:49 AM »
Hee hee, hilarious. Not so scandalous, like it was Luciano Pavarotti that was exposed as lip synching or something, but still funny.

On the other hand, it reminds me how upsetting the way the music business is run now. It used to be that people actually played instruments/wrote music/could sing very well, they performed around, and hopefully got discovered and made records and became famous.
Now it's: find a cute girl we can make over, teach her to sing a few notes, record her voice over a premade track of a song that's written by the same guy who writes every song on the radio, then go on tour in which she sings (or lip synchs) along to a recording and dances around in a little outfit. It makes me upset for all those genuine musicians who can't get a break.

jgomez

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2004, 10:06:20 AM »
I think her dancing was worse than getting caught lip synching.   But anyways, I think hoobastank needs some lip synching because when he signs live, I haven't heard a more terrible voice. 

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2004, 10:46:42 AM »
I just can not believe at the end she blamed her band?!?!?!? What the hell was that all about, atleast they kept playing their instruments to try to recover. There was a hundred things she could have done in that situation, doing the jig, jumping up and down and then walking off stage, would not have been one of my top options. I guess she just can not think under pressure when things go wrong.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/

amarain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Atlanta Private Investigator
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2004, 12:30:05 PM »
I guess she just can not think under pressure when things go wrong.

You can stop at "can not think" period.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2004, 02:16:42 PM »
I guess she just can not think under pressure when things go wrong.

You can stop at "can not think" period.

i concur.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

mivida2k

• Sr. Citizen
  • Do I Really Need to Answer This Question
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2004, 02:28:42 PM »
Look what they are putting on her website

"It wouldn't be so bad that you lip synch if you had not already said in an interview you NEVER WOULD. EVER. The ONLY reason you have a record deal is because of your sister. And mommy and daddy are just whoring you out to make more money. Your dad is a pimp. Big Daddy Simpson. I bet the church just loves that, huh whore?!" :D :D :D :D

The president's approval rating has dropped to 33 percent, matching his low in May. His handling of nearly every issue, from the Iraq war to foreign policy, contributed to the president's decline around the nation, even in the Republican-friendly South.

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2004, 06:55:54 PM »
Look what they are putting on her website

"It wouldn't be so bad that you lip synch if you had not already said in an interview you NEVER WOULD. EVER. The ONLY reason you have a record deal is because of your sister. And mommy and daddy are just whoring you out to make more money. Your dad is a pimp. Big Daddy Simpson. I bet the church just loves that, huh whore?!" :D :D :D :D

man, that's brutal
No longer here.

lexylitstinks

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2004, 05:20:44 PM »
She's a fucken looooozer!  She's nothing but a wanna-be.  And she the hell can't sing!