Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ashlee simpson caught lip-synching  (Read 1581 times)

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
ashlee simpson caught lip-synching
« on: October 24, 2004, 02:36:41 AM »
So a friend of mine was watching SNL and saw Simpson singing one of her hit singles.  and then she came on again later and the music for the same song started playing.  she looked all confused, and then suddenly there was her voice singing.  but not her lips moving.  oops!

http://www.collegehumor.com/news/ashlee_snl.wmv

cascagrossa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: ashlee simpson caught lip-synching
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2004, 04:09:36 AM »
lol.

check out enrique iglesias doing the same, this clip is HILARIOUS.  www.madsb.com/enrique/indexeng.htm

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2004, 04:35:26 AM »
So a friend of mine was watching SNL and saw Simpson singing one of her hit singles.  and then she came on again later and the music for the same song started playing.  she looked all confused, and then suddenly there was her voice singing.  but not her lips moving.  oops!

http://www.collegehumor.com/news/ashlee_snl.wmv

Oh man, that was really bad.  Talk about not being able to recover at all.  I guess that's what happens when you don't know what's supposedly your own music.
No longer here.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2004, 07:15:08 AM »
dude, she needs all the help she can get.  i heard her on leno, and i hope to hell that was live because she was AWFUL.  no one sings well live anymore.  ::sigh::
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

TheDecline

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2004, 10:36:03 AM »
Painfully funny....yes.

Suprising....no.

What's up with the jump around/dancing thing?  That was as funny as the not singing part.

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2004, 10:53:15 AM »
Yeah, the dancing was funny too.  Especially that she gave a half-hearted attempt to try it twice.

kccole

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2004, 08:41:12 PM »
She's a fraud!! Her record deal is just a big sham, and now she's been exposed!! I wonder how she will justify/explain this. now I have to watch "Entertainment Tonight" on Monday.
Get Right, or get Left!!!!

jennynam

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2004, 08:57:39 PM »
lol.

check out enrique iglesias doing the same, this clip is HILARIOUS.  www.madsb.com/enrique/indexeng.htm

I've heard this one before--do you think it's legit?? It's so ridiculously bad, it's hard to believe...  ???  But yes, hilarious!  :D

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2004, 10:21:18 PM »
i just watched my tivo'ed SNL.  the second song, i didn't hear her voice at all.  i'll have to watch the video.  in the first song, it was also painfully obvious that she was lipsyncing because: (1) your voice doesn't stay that constant when you're doing your weird jumping/dancing thing, (2) it sounded EXACTLY like the radio/album version, (3) she messed up several times.

i'm glad absy pointed this out, otherwise i would have just fast forwarded through her songs, like i usually do with musical guests.  at the end of the show where they come out again, she apologized and said, "my band started playing the wrong song."  female dog.  don't blame it on your band.  if you weren't lip syncing, you could have just started singing what they were playing.  ugh.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2004, 02:01:38 AM »
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20041024/ap_on_en_tv/people_ashlee_simpson

Apparently, it was some pretaped precussion that was supposed to play, and certainly it had nothing to do with lipsynching.  ::)  Seriously, who buys this crap?
No longer here.