Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I've gone and done it now.....  (Read 3029 times)

hdsteele

• View Profile
    • Email
I've gone and done it now.....
« on: March 30, 2004, 09:10:05 PM »
Well, at the ripe old age of 48 I've paid my $103 for the LSDAS and registered for the June LSAT.  Oh geez, what have I done?  I guess this nonsense is really going to the next step.....my saving grace mentally is that I can always postpone the LSAT if I dont feel ready but I really want to apply to Stetson for Spring 2005....

Gulp.

Revenant

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: I've gone and done it now.....
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 02:49:46 AM »
Well, at the ripe old age of 48 I've paid my $103 for the LSDAS and registered for the June LSAT.  Oh geez, what have I done?  I guess this nonsense is really going to the next step.....my saving grace mentally is that I can always postpone the LSAT if I dont feel ready but I really want to apply to Stetson for Spring 2005....

Gulp.

Hehe, congrats and best wishes!

jgruber

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 01:12:09 PM »
Holy Repeat, Batman.  I was 48 when I sent in my check for the LSAT.  Now I'm 49 and accepted to Nashville School of Law.

Go for it, dude.   8)

planejane

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2004, 01:51:15 PM »
I registered a couple of weeks ago to take the LSAT in June and I think at stared at the LSAC information all that day at work.  I was wondering what I got myself into by that point.  The next morning I realized I signed up for something I wanted to do my whole life.  I want to go to law school and do that lawyering thing!!!!     ;)

Best of Luck,
Christie

ajlynnette

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2004, 09:20:27 AM »
steele, i'll tell you what you've done. you've taken a step toward something you obviously really want and you should deserve the chance at. :) it shouldn't matter how old you are. if there's something out there that you want? you go for it. like the saying goes 'age is nothing but a number.' and besides, you obviously have the drive and ambition of a twenty-something on your side from my standpoint! ;D

go get'em steele. ;) best of luck to you.

aj

Revenant

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2004, 02:48:39 PM »
steele, i'll tell you what you've done. you've taken a step toward something you obviously really want and you should deserve the chance at. :) it shouldn't matter how old you are. if there's something out there that you want? you go for it. like the saying goes 'age is nothing but a number.' and besides, you obviously have the drive and ambition of a twenty-something on your side from my standpoint! ;D

go get'em steele. ;) best of luck to you.

aj

Umm, you may want to take Lynnette's advice with a grain of salt.  "Twenty-something... from my standpoint" doesn't mean much coming from a Sr. Citizen ;)

nathanielmark

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2004, 02:18:13 PM »
Just make sure that whatever schools you apply to have accomodations for the elderly. ;D

hdsteele

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2004, 10:39:47 PM »
That was cruel.... however, I'll consider it a training exercise.  I can only imagine the comments I would heart from an average LS class over the course of 3 years.

Later.  Gotta go change the batteries in my hearing aids.   

nathanielmark

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2004, 01:56:01 PM »
I am just having fun with you.  I give you tremendous respect for going back in all sincerity.  I am not so much the youngster myself either.  I will be applying this fall for part time, and will be 29 in december.

have a wife, a baby, a full time job and a mortgage.  im applying to 5 area part time programs and will attend wherever i can get in.  im expecting the most difficult 4 years of my life but i am ready to make the sacrifice now for many years more years of options later on.  i am also hoping that it will help my boy to see his dad working hard in school before he even starts kindergarten.

best of luck to you.

sagemenscircle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2004, 10:47:35 PM »
STEELE: Just a word of advice. I'm 53, by the way. I took the LSAT a year ago, expecting to do poorly and just get it out of my system. When I got a 162 I started taking things seriously. The problem is, getting into law school is like climbing a mountain, it gets steeper the closer you get. I applied to a bunch of schools, have been accepted to a school I like a great deal. Now, I'm struggling with the money. I may wind up getting all this way, just to crap out on the finances. I even went to the school's reception and preview. LOVED IT. I really could see myself succeeding at this stuff. But, I may lose out at the last minute. So do your best on the LSAT and be prepared for an emotional roller-coaster ride from there on out. Commitment is everything. Money, too.
"Est unusquisque faber ipsae suae fortunae"
Every man is the architect of his own fortune.
Appius Claudius