Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Explanations to LSAT Questions CD-ROM  (Read 842 times)

hdsteele

• View Profile
    • Email
Explanations to LSAT Questions CD-ROM
« on: March 30, 2004, 08:19:44 PM »
I have gotten a lot out reading the explanations for the correct answers on the practice LSAT's I have but I only have the explanations to a few.  I see the "Explanations for LSATS 1-37 CD-ROM's for sale.  Since I have many of these tests for upcoming practice I was thinking about getting the CD-ROM.  Has anyone in here used it?  Is it worth the money?  Are they actual, approved so to speak explanations?  Are they even CORRECT?!?!?!

Any thoughts appreciated.

dta

Re: Explanations to LSAT Questions CD-ROM
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2004, 09:45:15 PM »
I think you are much more likely to learn and deeply ingrain the right answer if you explain why the credited response is the right answer yourself. If you just read someone else's explanation about why an answer is right it will just go in one ear and out the other and on your next test you likely won't apply the explanation given for similiar problems. However, if sit down and try to figure out for yourself why the credited response is actually the right answer and try to think creatively about why it is so, you're much more likely apply what you learn to future tests. And remember, if you really can't figure one out, you can post your question to this board and people will respond.

Also, i would really recommend purchasing from the LSAC their preptests where they give the official LSAC explanations to the exam. They already have one such preptest available and another coming out in April.

Sorry - didn't answer your initial question. but just thought you might like to try this technique. It has been quite effective for me. 10+ point improvement on my score before even starting my Princeton Review course.

hdsteele

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Explanations to LSAT Questions CD-ROM
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2004, 10:39:43 PM »
Thanks for the comments.  I think I read a post somewhere about writing a paragraph on every question you get wrong although it means taking 4-5 hours to complete go through each test.  Was that you?  It sounded like a great idea and I am going to do that.  I am one of those people who increases the learning many fold by writing it down.  I was just working through some of the material I have to get some basics down first before I plow into the real prep tests I have.  It thought the CD-ROM sounded like a good idea but maybe you are right.  I would think that given the correct answer I could go back through and figure out the why on my own.  If I cant do that then I probably have no business taking the test anyway!