Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Bah, screw it.  (Read 3352 times)

Matthew_24_24

• Sr. Citizen
  • Sigh
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Bah, screw it.
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2004, 04:42:24 AM »
Lol downy is still God X 3 for trinity power.

Matt

DOWNY

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2004, 04:52:19 AM »
Haha, awesome. Matt is cool in my book.

BTW, I have been lying too. I actually go to Cooley.

Silversoma

• Sr. Citizen
  • Me at Radiohead- Thunderbird Stadium, August/03
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2004, 01:13:08 PM »
Matt, sorry things didn't work out as you had expected in October.

You know what I think helped me out on this test?  I wasn't nervous at all.  Could have been partly due to all the Dayquill and Tylenol I was on.

But it was also due to the mind tricks that I play with myself.  You have to convince yourself that this is one of the easiest, least worrisome tests you have ever written.  Surely you have had more difficult tests in your undergrad career than the LSAT.  I was thinking about the time I partied for three days in March on the front lawn of Mac Hall in a tent, drunk the whole time, and then wrote a thermodynamics test and got a 28% (seriously).  That was f-ing nerve-wracking.

So, think about the worst stress you have ever had in your life.  Compared to that, the LSAT is a cakewalk!

My Canadian brother, I'm sending you all the love.  Good luck!!  See you in law school!
Practice LSATs so far: 156 155 157 155 157 161 162 161 155 155 160 164 166 161 170 166 168 160 163 162 172

LSAT's finished... I don't have to think about law school for a year now.
********* GO Team Canada GO!!!!! ***********

superiorlobe

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2004, 02:49:58 PM »
But Matt -- how do we know you aren't lying about being a liar?

Regal_Muse

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2004, 03:17:40 PM »
Matt,

This would be the perfect opportunity for me to slam your ass because you have been so disrespectful to me on these boards. If the comments you've made about me were in person, you would have gotten a severe beat down. I could clown you so bad right now that people would talk until their faces turned blue. However, I choose not to do that because we are all flawed human beings. I think it's rather admirable that you've acknowledged your short comings and are trying to make amends.

Often times, I wondered why you accused me of lying when I had no reason to lie. I felt like I was being targeted because of my race/ethnicity. I've said this time and time again; I only care about impressing myself. None of these people pay my bills, determine my relationship with God, nor do they give me validation. I understand why you had such a difficult time believing that someone like me can score better on the LSATS than 99% of the people out there. You had these preconceived notions about my intellect without knowing anything about me.

Matt, I really do hope that you discover that your self worth isn't tied into what you have or what scores you get in school. The reason why people are so messed up these days is because they believe their self worth is equivalent to how much money they have or which institution they attended. Stop trying to impress people and work on making yourself a better human being. In the bigger picture, nothing matters but how you perceive yourself. Can you look in the mirror in the morning and be proud image looking back?

Don't let numbers deter you from your dreams. All these books and websites exist to brainwash us into believing that without the right numbers, students have no chance of getting into certain law schools. The LSATs are created as a process of elimination. I know so many people who bombed the October test and are now reevaluating their career aspirations.

All my life, I have always been the underdog.  I've had several pitfalls along the way, but I didn't allow the whispers of others to influence important decisions regarding my life. Despite my "online" persona, I've always worked hard in order to accomplish my goals. When most people put in 100%, I upped the notch by another 100% percent.

This isn't an attempt to be condescending, but I sincerely hope that you reach your LSAT goals in December.  I have LSAT notes that you are more than welcomed to have. Feel free to PM me with your email addy. Other than that, good luck.

Butch

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2004, 04:19:53 PM »
I think everyone is being WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too nice to this guy. Who cares if he's come clean?  He's treated everyone here like utter *&^%...he's posted tons of racist comments and bull...he's posted lie after lie...and he's bashed people as being stupid when they scored in the 160's...

Maybe if he were just a liar, and not an a-hole, I'd have some sympathy.  But, he's been nothing but a real ass to many people.

But you can get that probably 30-40% of others here are flat out lying about their scores or bumping it up 3-4 points to feel better.  Law school is competitive and this is what it produces...people who break all sorts of ethics just to be "the best".

Matthew_24_24

• Sr. Citizen
  • Sigh
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2004, 04:34:02 PM »
Nothing condescending about your post at all Regal.  I'm sorry for what i said to you.  A huge dose of the pot calling the kettle black.  But you know, that's what you deal with when you start lying.  You start lying to yourself, and you build up this wall of deceit around you where honesty becomes secondary, and attending to your versions of truth in certain situations becomes a primary concern.   

Butch, that is fair.  However, if you stuck to the "study for the lsat" boards you wouldn't have got that impression.  People certainly don't need to care about this, this msg is directed mostly to those who I considered "online friends" who I simply didn't wish to lie too anymore. 

Above all, i'm doing this for myself.  This isn't "I feel bad about lying to LSD" post.  This was a microcosm of a deeper symptom in my life.  I think in at least a few cases my very average score will give those in the same situation a little more comfort...I was still averaging 166 on my practice LSATs (albeit usually 1 or 2 sections at a time), and a 158 was very below par.  It happens, and i don't want people to think they are the only ones who "choked". 

Overall, your criticisms are fair, and anyone being nice to me now (regal, etc.) are going far beyond their call of duty.  If it means anything, I do appreciate it.

Matt

Victor

« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2004, 05:03:42 PM »
HAHAHA . . . .

THIS IS NOT THE REAL Matthew_24_24 !!!!!!

This person only has 14 posts . . . Matt has been posting for a while now. Unless Matt was banned and came back. And even then . . . I still dont trust this is the real Matt.

superiorlobe

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2004, 05:04:29 PM »
HAHAHA . . . .

THIS IS NOT THE REAL Matthew_24_24 !!!!!!

This person only has 14 posts . . . Matt has been posting for a while now. Unless Matt was banned and came back. And even then . . . I still dont trust this is the real Matt.

He deleted his account by mistake and had to make a new one.

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2004, 05:05:07 PM »
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's the real matt