Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Northern Illinois University (DeKalb Illinois)  (Read 1530 times)

Not Given

• View Profile
Northern Illinois University (DeKalb Illinois)
« on: March 30, 2004, 05:33:44 PM »
Has anyone who applied in Feb. received a response?

ajlynnette

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Northern Illinois University (DeKalb Illinois)
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 09:11:17 AM »
hi miracle! :) did you by chance check the individual school boards in the students section? there might be some people there who've interacted w/NIU. hope you find someone who has! ;D

aj :)

Not Given

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 10:37:29 AM »
 ;D Thanks. I have not tried but I will go there now. Where are you going to be in the fall?

ajlynnette

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2004, 11:26:53 AM »
well, i won't be anywhere this fall except in my living room doing applications. lol but i anticipate to be somewhere by next fall! if i could? i'd start in the summer. THAT would be awesome. :)

Not Given

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2004, 12:21:50 PM »
Well good luck with the applications and I hope you are not stuck in the waiting game.  :)

Mimic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2004, 09:57:27 PM »
Hi Miracle-  I applied in, I belive, late January. In mid-Feb, I was notified that I was on the hold list. I haven't heard from since then.  :P

Good luck with the wait!

Not Given

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2004, 10:54:09 AM »
I sent my application off in late Jan was complete by the first week in Feb. and I am still waiting. I have not been notified of anything  :'(

Did they send you a letter indicating that you were on hold or did you call them to find out that information?

Mimic

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2004, 10:07:17 PM »
They did send me a hold letter, but I don't think you can read anything into that, good or bad. Unfortunately, we won't really know whether we had a chance at a particular school until we're holding the acceptance/rejection letter in our hands. I was put on hold at my number one school a month ago and took that to be a really good sign until I got the outright rejection letter three weeks later. So... being on hold definitely doesn't necessarily imply something favorable.

Unless you think they've misplaced your application or something, it might be good to find some way to put it out of your mind (easier said than done) until they contact you.

Best of luck.

Not Given

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2004, 10:16:47 PM »
 :-\ Im sure you are glad to at least know your status at this point. I try to see a positive for every negative, so in my case I would rather the application stay with committee rather than have a rejection letter in my hand.

I really hope that you are pulled off of the hold list soon. Please keep me posted. Hopefully we will be classmates in the fall  ;D

Best of Luck..and if Northern isnt your first choice school I do hope that you are where you want to be in the fall.

Mimic

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2004, 10:42:36 PM »
Thank you for the encouraging words. If I do get into NIU, it's likely I'll go since it's relatively close to where I'm living now. So maybe we will be classmates in the fall! ;D I'll update you if I hear anything, and please do the same if you hear.  I'll be hoping for you.
 ;D