Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Completely bombed the LSAT!  (Read 2870 times)

lawstudhopefull

Completely bombed the LSAT!
« on: October 23, 2004, 09:31:14 AM »
ok so I completely bombed the LSAT! I definitely wasn't prepared, and I'm taking again in dec. and just got the LR and LG bibles.....any tips on how i can prepare myself better so I can increase my score!?! Thanks!

Dolcejn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Completely bombed the LSAT!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2004, 09:58:40 AM »
Hey :) 

Anyway, you have an awesome attitude, which I think is the best start to studying.  I don't know how much any of my suggestions will help, but here's what I did at least:  1 practice test a week in the third and second months before the test, then two a week for the last month, doing in order from least recent to most recent.  Also taking it at the same time as your real test will be, eating power foods and not sleepy foods, and getting a little exercise before the test to get your body relaxed.  And timing really strictly, even if it means you get a lower score at first.  And going over every question you get wrong with someone (your mom or a friend) to figure out why you got them wrong.
HLS

lawstudhopefull

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2004, 10:07:17 AM »
thank you very much! i will take all those into consideration.....i was planning on studying a few hours a day until the test...i really need it :) thanks again

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2004, 12:40:18 PM »
Thanks so much, God knows I need help too...keep the advice coming!

St. Shaun

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yes, I am this pretty.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2004, 09:22:43 AM »
In my opinion the actual official LSAT test's are the only way to go.
You can't make everyone happy...
but you can sure piss everyone off.

hampnettles

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2004, 09:56:30 AM »
thank you very much! i will take all those into consideration.....i was planning on studying a few hours a day until the test...i really need it :) thanks again

I went through the LG Bible and it improve my scores from missing 6-8 to missing 0.  I take none of the credit, because it teaches you the right diagrams to use.  Once you've done that, you can tackle any game and you will be looking forward to the logic section.  I did the actual book in 3 days, but you could probably do it in 1 or 2 solid days of study.  The KEY is to do a bunch of full, timed sections after you do the practice in the book.  You should get more comfortable and the only way to get your times down is to practice. 

I just got a copy of the LR Bible and I plan to start studying that today, so I can't give any specific tips there.