Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Guilt Trip  (Read 783 times)

thechoson

Guilt Trip
« on: March 30, 2004, 04:13:40 PM »
I've been lucky enough to get into some decent schools, some with money- Arizona State, McGeorge, Chapman... and am still pending on other schools.
Meanwhile a friend of mine got rejected from a 4th tier school.  It's so sad, cause he studied SOOO hard for the LSATs, and has wanted to go to law school almost his entire life.
I decided to take the law school plunge last December, studied on my own for the LSATs for a month, pulled a decent score of 165, which is what I believe is carrying me in to some of these schools.  I also slacked most of my years in college. 
Thinking of my friend and others like him, I just can help feel bad and guilty more and more...  Are any other people feeling this way?

Cherry

• View Profile
Re: Guilt Trip
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2004, 04:29:17 PM »
Yes actually I took the LSAT with my Dad to support him.  I never thought that I would do ok, It was kinda a joke to me. No studing at all I just showed up.  Ok my score kinda sucked 153, but my Dad made a 138, and he tried so hard.

I had to think about going to law school, I had never even thought about it. I searched long time and have decided to give it a go.  I have a full scholarship to a 4th tier, so it is worth it.

But the guilt...  every time I talk to my Dad about it...  But he seems ok with it all, it is just me feeling bad.  I think that he feels that if he couldn't do it, then at least I am going to try.

jgruber

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2004, 05:49:09 PM »
Guilt is for civlians!   :D

Seriously, you did not do well on the LSAT to hurt your friend or Dad or whoever.  Don't feel guilty.  Do what you can to help those you care about, but don't add guilt to all the other stress law school will heep on you.

Next time you feel like a guilt trip, take a road trip instead.

Revenant

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2004, 02:05:01 AM »
no need for guilt trip -- rather, just realize how lucky you are and try to not take things for granted... you never know if trash to you is gold to others.