Law School Discussion

Studying for the Oct LSAT now, too early?

Victor

Re: Studying for the Oct LSAT now, too early?
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2004, 03:44:28 PM »
I'm going with Kaplan despite everyones maliscious attempts at degrading their methods, I will also be studying on my own starting in June... I will be taking the Jue exam for 2005.

I dont mean to degrade their methods, im just saying it doesnt work for me. Perhaps their methods will work for others.

blizzard of ozz

• 3.66/163
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2004, 06:57:27 PM »
I'm going with Kaplan despite everyones maliscious attempts at degrading their methods, I will also be studying on my own starting in June... I will be taking the Jue exam for 2005.

I dont mean to degrade their methods, im just saying it doesnt work for me. Perhaps their methods will work for others.

they didn't work for me either. see Kaplan hate thread.

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2004, 07:01:38 PM »
I'm planning on taking the LSAT in Oct04 too. I'm taking the TestMasters course now. I very pleased with it and am already able to see significant improvement. I plan on taking the course now and continuing to study my brains out after the course.

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2004, 07:44:55 PM »
Bravo you guys.  It's never too early to start studying for the LSAT :)

That said, I just wanted to note an interesting tidbit about the Kaplan course.  My diagnostic was 159, the first time I ever saw a LSAT test before. Not that great but not that bad either.  However, in the last Kaplan course, I was talking to the instructor about having missed several of the classes (okay, more like most, due to working overtime and huge thunderstorms on consecutive class days =P).  She told me that given my "high diagnostic score" (yeah, REAL high... LOL), I wouldn't really learn much from taking the Kaplan course, which she said, and I quote, "has a ceiling of about 165," as in it's not useful if you want to score above that.  I'm like GREAT.  That would have been good to know beforehand -- I would have plunked my tuition fee on some other course instead since I was aiming for 175-180. ;)