Law School Discussion

LSAT/IQ Conversion Table

Kirk Lazarus

• I'm a lead farmer, mofo
    • View Profile
Re: LSAT/IQ Conversion Table
« Reply #160 on: August 21, 2008, 01:10:16 PM »
By the way, have you ever actually been to a Mensa meeting? It's slacker central - not a glowing attribute to include on a resume.

It's also fashion impaired central and a shinning example of how NOT to dress in public.  I'm still intrigued that people still wear suit coats with brown elbow patches on them.  WTF is that about?

You've just lost all credibility on fashion. Those suit coats are amazing.

That being said, Mensa members are dorks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQnAhSzb4gY

I take back any negative thing I've ever said about you. Well played, sir. Well played. That clip had me rolling.

Kirk Lazarus

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 21, 2008, 01:11:26 PM »
Because including "Mensa Member" on your cv or resume constitutes bragging about your IQ. And bragging your IQ is a bit much like bragging about your height, shoe size or *ehem* "endowments."

It is no worse than putting "Member, ABA Student Section" on your resume. It doesn't mean a whole lot, but it is an organization that you are a member of. It doesn't constitute bragging at all. I think you are reading way too much into it. Some people (on this board!) put their hobbies on their resume.

I would propose that a great many people who top their classes aren't necessarily the most intelligent of their classmates.
I agree.

By the way, have you ever actually been to a Mensa meeting? It's slacker central - not a glowing attribute to include on a resume.

Better than gunner-central...

where do you go to law school or for which firm do you work?

« Reply #162 on: August 21, 2008, 01:35:15 PM »

C'mon Galt... you know I can't answer that...

Kirk Lazarus

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 21, 2008, 02:11:31 PM »

C'mon Galt... you know I can't answer that...

Had to try :)