Law School Discussion

post your score here

Koga

• K 231, Bitches.
    • View Profile
Re: post your score here
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2004, 08:09:45 PM »
I got a 171 and am absolutely ecstatic about it.  I had been scoring between 165-171 on practice tests, and fully expected to score on the lower end of that spectrum.

[Edit: nevermind, I am an idiot.]

Congrats to you, wstaffor and draino.

TheDecline

« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2004, 08:10:14 PM »
166.  I'm not overjoyed but I'm not devastated either.  I am, however, pissed about the scale.  The same number wrong would have given me a 168 or a 169 on some of the recent past tests!!!!!!  By the way, did anyone check out their writing sample.  My penmanship looked like that of a two year old!  I think my hand had started cramping at that point.

The Oct test was easier.  You can't compare tests in that manner.

Did you actually take the test? If not, then you don't really know that, do you? FYI...they set the scale before anyone actually takes the test so it has nothing to do with how people actually score on the test during the actual administration.

Yes, I do know.  The scale proves that the test was relatively easier than some of the previous tests.  You can't transpose your raw score onto another more difficult test, and say that you would have done better on another test.  Those scales are for more difficult tests.  They aren't interchangeable.

« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2004, 08:11:16 PM »
nyesq... where in ny? ... nyc by chance?

lexylit

« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2004, 08:19:09 PM »
Yes, I do know.  The scale proves that the test was relatively easier than some of the previous tests.  You can't transpose your raw score onto another more difficult test, and say that you would have done better on another test.  Those scales are for more difficult tests.  They aren't interchangeable.

well put.

krhunt

• http://umichigan.facebook.com/profile.php?id=22298
    • View Profile
    • Clever WoT
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2004, 08:20:09 PM »
I got a 170, with a raw score of 90.  I missed 3 in section 1 (questions 14, 18, 20), 5(!) in section 3 (11, 20, 21, 22, 25), 1 in section 4 (16) and 1 in section 5 (4).

All in all I'm pretty content with the score, although my practice scores really led me to believe I'd get more along the lines of a mid-170 (I scored 166, 167, 175, 174, 171, 176, 180 on my practices).  Still, it's tough to complain with a 98th percentile score.

I can't believe I missed 5 in a single section, though.  I hadn't done that in any practice since the very first one I took.

TheDecline

« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2004, 08:21:23 PM »

well put.

thanks.   ;D

« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2004, 08:21:45 PM »
  FYI...they set the scale before anyone actually takes the test so it has nothing to do with how people actually score on the test during the actual administration.

This is so wrong it is not even funny.  How could you possibly predict the exact percentage of people who would score above a 167?  A 169 is always the 97.5th percentile, for example.

Actually, you're wrong.  When LSAC sets the scale they're not "predicting," they're basing it on prior test-takers' performances on experimental sections.  Search around on the LSAC site if you don't believe me.

« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2004, 08:22:12 PM »
why are all the new people getting scores? ???

« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2004, 08:28:44 PM »
Yah I scored in the mid to upper 170's on my practice tests... unfortunately, the real test doesn't pan out that way... i mean look at all the people on this site alone scoring in that range... it wouldnt be possible for the real test since those scores are 99.9 percentile... just not that many people do that on test day. sucks. but oh well.

I feel like I am the only one who is HAPPY with my 171... there are so many 172's claiming retakes... shhhhhhh enjoy.

ScurvyWench

« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2004, 08:32:17 PM »
152. Goodbye everything. Hello my $1200 back from Kaplan. The scale was harsh, but I still screwed it all up. It's really too bad that the essay isn't scored, it's the only thing I did well on. It's the only thing I EVER do well on . . .

Now everyone can feel better because they can just compare themselves to me.  :-[